M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started my version of the goldwing intake mod, not too much different accept I've added mesh behind the intake to help keep out the larger insects. Haven't finished the install yet, it's as per the one on this site a while ago (use search), just wanted to show the mesh off. Pictures you ask? Of coures! here they are.

Guv

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don`t mean to rush you,BUT I just got this same set delivered to me and I am waiting to see your Install pictures to see how you did it...Thanks...now get buisy:bow:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Just started my version of the goldwing intake mod, not too much different accept I've added mesh behind the intake to help keep out the larger insects. Haven't finished the install yet, it's as per the one on this site a while ago (use search), just wanted to show the mesh off. Pictures you ask? Of coures! here they are.

Guv
What the hell kind of bugs do you got around there!! ???

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
what kind of filters are you running??

and are you going to plug the hot sucker holes on the back side of the intake boxes??

oh and you will need to trim some of the vent backing off to have them fit so they dont hit your filters.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tried....failed...then called for Ducks help!

I tried to install the goldwing mod. Bought the recommended inserts, with built in leds, very cool looking. How friggin ever, I have proven once again that you can easily expand a hole ..but shrinking one is impossible. Soooo... my covers are off to Len for a little fix me up. I suspect his creativity will more than cover up my poor efforts.
P.S. anyone up for a brand new set of goldwing intakes with leds..1/2 price:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
310 Posts
how does the goldwing intake mod affect your air intake....do you wind up running lean or do you need to change your filters or something?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don`t mean to rush you,BUT I just got this same set delivered to me and I am waiting to see your Install pictures to see how you did it...Thanks...now get buisy:bow:
Pics coming soon, all installed and looks great.

What the hell kind of bugs do you got around there!! ???
Big ass moths and grasshoppers!
Guess you don't watch Fosters commercials.
Ahh Fosters, the Aussie beer made for the overseas market, not really popular here anymore, not sure why.

what kind of filters are you running??
Stock standard for now, not sure what else is out there.
and are you going to plug the hot sucker holes on the back side of the intake boxes??
Haven't pluged the holes yet, still thinking about it.

oh and you will need to trim some of the vent backing off to have them fit so they dont hit your filters.
Got around that by moving them around a little
how does the goldwing intake mod affect your air intake....do you wind up running lean or do you need to change your filters or something?
I have heard that the computer compensates for it, I still have stock pipes but they are drilled.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pics of my goldwing intake mod

Here's my intake mod

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried to install the goldwing mod. Bought the recommended inserts, with built in leds, very cool looking. How friggin ever, I have proven once again that you can easily expand a hole ..but shrinking one is impossible. Soooo... my covers are off to Len for a little fix me up. I suspect his creativity will more than cover up my poor efforts.
P.S. anyone up for a brand new set of goldwing intakes with leds..1/2 price:bigthumbsup:
Can you post some pics of the fix me up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Intake mod

I'm interested in your intake accents. Sill for sale? How much?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts