M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have size 14 triple E feet. So I am actually riding with my toes on the foot pegs to keep off the brake and shift levers. Anybody know of a set of footboards or something that may work here. I was looking at a set of the Kuryakyn Switchblades and thought they may help. Damn the Sasquatch feet of mine!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
yeah, sounds like you'll need some floorboards or something when they come out. for now, you can adjust the shifter and brake pedal. rotate the brake pedal down 1 or 2 notches, and rotate the shifter up 1 or 2...see how you like it.

i also had to do this, i have size 14 feet as well (just not triple E!!) jeez man, must be impossible to find shoes!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am a size 13, but it is not the length of my foot that is the problem, but the angle at which I must rotate my left ankle to get the foot over the peg. You guys say the peg is adjustable? The dealer guy said no way.

·
Registered
849 Posts
You mean everybody doesn't have size 14? I had to rotate my brake lever down two notches to keep my foot flatter so I don't keep dragging my heels when I corner. Other than that, I've had no problem with the pegs.
Jer

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think I can figure it out, but how do you adjust the shifter? I don't like the spacing of where it's at.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Twin00 said:
I think I can figure it out, but how do you adjust the shifter? I don't like the spacing of where it's at.
take off side cover and adjust the linkage.it's not hard but you might want to use some blue locktite when your dun. mine vibrated loose but not no moor :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha, I'm not the only Sasquatch in the bunch and I'm not the only one dragging heels in turns & curves. My big feeet < (notice I used 3 E's in that) is the reason on my ZX10R I changed the shifting to 1up & 5 down GP style. That and it allowed me to shift quicker and keep my boats planted firmly since I'm a speed junky. Wait, hold up, that didn't sound good. Maybe I should say I switched to a cruiser 1 because the M109R is awesome & 2 I am a MPH junky. and found myself wanting to do stupid sheet like wheelie @ 100 mph & reach speed up to 175 mph :yikes:
So this bad mofo is my way of calming down he he he :evil:

jerbear said:
You mean everybody doesn't have size 14? I had to rotate my brake lever down two notches to keep my foot flatter so I don't keep dragging my heels when I corner. Other than that, I've had no problem with the pegs.
Jer

·
Registered
584 Posts
George C said:
take off side cover and adjust the linkage.it's not hard but you might want to use some blue locktite when your dun. mine vibrated loose but not no moor :bigthumbsup:
Thanks George!

·
Registered
3 Posts
:congrats:I found the right fit ! 9" by 5" driver floorboards from H.A.C. on-line part#9087 , two day delivery, five minute install . problem solved . Good Luck .

·
Registered
664 Posts
my 2 bits....
size 13 EEE here...
I moved the brake lever about 3 notches forward (to where my foot is just above it while comfortably riding) and moved my shifter just a little bit as well... took me about an hour or so to adjust both but well worth it...

a few others have chosen to just bend the brake pedal and live with the shifter....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.