M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa brought me a GoPro HD Hero for Christmas, and I have to say I am really impressed with it. Here is the one I got; I did buy the suction cup mount to go with it.
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/hd-hero-960-camera.php

Here is some footage I shot this morning. I mounted the camera with the suction cup to my windshield. That may not be the best place; it seemed like I picked up some vibration :dontknow:. This is just a curvy road near my house...too much traffic to really have any fun....ENJOY!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Santa brought me a GoPro HD Hero for Christmas, and I have to say I am really impressed with it. Here is the one I got; I did buy the suction cup mount to go with it.
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/hd-hero-960-camera.php

Here is some footage I shot this morning. I mounted the camera with the suction cup to my windshield. That may not be the best place; it seemed like I picked up some vibration :dontknow:. This is just a curvy road near my house...too much traffic to really have any fun....ENJOY!

You were out riding today???????????????????? You dog haaaaaaaaaaa I want out of this cabin badly!!! Light snow just started here argggggggggggg

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
...you went through more curves in that 4 min than what we have in the entire state of Kansas.
:a20:..........man that sucks!

I mounted the camera with the suction cup to my windshield. That may not be the best place; it seemed like I picked up some vibration :dontknow:.
Good job Bobby! I'm glad your already using the cam and playing around with it. I highly suggest trying the helmet mount as well because there's no vibration with that.

I was hoping to see you doing some front wheel stoppie's in the snow however. :'( .......:eek:........:joke:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That opening shot looks like Carrie on her yellow ninja 250. We hadn't met you yet but I would've been out in front of her on my orange 9. She never rode that 250 again after I wrecked but that was because she bought her 650 while I was healing up.
Man, you're already way ahead of me with that camera. I'm technically challenged. Sometimes, I get upset when I'm wearing my helmet and I can't find my crayons.:joke:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Think that you might have missed a stop sign there in the begining. :cop:

Cool vid though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very nice video! The camera obviouly does a great job. I'm especially impressed with the lack of wind noise. How is that accomplished, since other videos I have watched always have wind noise? All I heard was the music and the sound of your motor!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
That opening shot looks like Carrie on her yellow ninja 250. We hadn't met you yet but I would've been out in front of her on my orange 9. She never rode that 250 again after I wrecked but that was because she bought her 650 while I was healing up.
Man, you're already way ahead of me with that camera. I'm technically challenged. Sometimes, I get upset when I'm wearing my helmet and I can't find my crayons.:joke:
you owe me a keboard , i Just laughed Coffee all over it

And Bobby , When i saw the Tittle to this tread , i just Knew you had Mounted the New Camera to your Little girls bike for the Test Run ,Wouldnt have been a Bad idea

how Could life get better? , White Chrismas and out on the Bike a few days later :bigthumbsup:

Nice Vid , your keeping hopes for summer Alive, :super: Job !!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
:pop::clap2:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Bobby, Nice camera I have been impressed with the GoPro vids I have seen compaired to using the vid ability on my Canon digital camera. But I want to ask for clarification...are the vids you and others posted the direct export of the camera or are you doing any secondary post taking of the vid compression? At the 480 x whatever it looks like size what size is the end file of a say 5 minute clip?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice video! The camera obviouly does a great job. I'm especially impressed with the lack of wind noise. How is that accomplished, since other videos I have watched always have wind noise? All I heard was the music and the sound of your motor!
My camera came with two different "housings". One is for speeds less than 100 mph and the other is for speeds more than 100mph. I used the one for speeds less than 100; it is supposed to cut down on wind noise :dontknow:.

Bobby,..... But I want to ask for clarification...are the vids you and others posted the direct export of the camera or are you doing any secondary post taking of the vid compression? At the 480 x whatever it looks like size what size is the end file of a say 5 minute clip?

Thanks
I did NOTHING to the footage other than trim it so you guys didn't see the really boring parts. What you see is what you get with this camera :bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Tpress is right

I was thinking the same thing, I can drive 60 miles and notfind that many curves.
How can you ride a GSXR, and not pull the front wheel up at least once? Good video quality.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,137 Posts
Great video Bobby, other than I was a little scared when I saw the snow. I was thinking cold tires and curves, uh-oh! :confused:

I think it did a great job even mounted on the windshield. I didn't notice that much vibration in it. Also noticed that first rolling stop about 30 seconds into it too. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.