M109 Rider Forums banner

My First Bike Rally

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  No Mas 
#1 ·
These pics are from our trip to Thunder Beach on Panama City Beach. This was my first rally and I have to say it was great once we got there. We drove through the worst weather I have seen on a bike. It rained solid for 4 hours of the trip. I must say that the Nine did well and the Bottlemod held up fine with a couple of hair nets with some holes poked in them. I can tell you guys that are worried about rain on that mod.......they are ok.

#2 ·
Did you see any people with "Georgia Rollers Riding Club" patches walking around? I think about 12-15 folks from up here went down and had a good time. I'm not big on biker rallies myself so I didn't attend.

Glad you had a good time.

Where's your rally biker pictures? :dontknow:

#3 ·
No I didn't see any of them but there were a ton of folks there. I have never been a rally guy either but I felt like I should try one just to check it off my list. But I had a hell of a good time. We did it more of an older crowd way. We did not spend the nights out till dawn and we just biked between venues and shopped for gear and stuff. The prices were awesome. It did change my mind a bit but I think that was because of the way we did it. I could not handle a weekend of pounding the bars and riding in hours of traffic from daylight to dark and then back to daylight. I am too $%^# old for that.

#4 ·
:agree: I'm actually with you on that. I'm not really "that old" but I'm all about chillin' and staying off the beaten path. Finding some good gear at good prices, looking at some bikes and then going off and doing your own thing, own ride probably would be the way to go for me as well.

#7 ·
I did not either. I only saw 3 that I knew for sure were 109's. The next time I get ready for a rally trip I will post so a few of us can get together at the event. It would be nice to get together with some 109 riders and see what other things are being done to the bikes so I can get some new ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.