M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first problem with my 109 today. Filled up the tank today with premium fuel (93 octane) at a local gas station I regularly visit. Five miles after filling the tank my FI light came on. I was making a bunch of short trips around town. When the light came on I pulled over and shut the engine off. I restarted and the light was still on. The bike was running well and I couldn't tell any difference in performace. Made my next stop which toke about 10 minutes, when I restarted the bike the light was off. The light came back on the first time I decelerated. this repeated itself after every stop I made today. When I got home I syphoned out most of the fuel from the tank. I rode back to a differant gas station and filled the tank. No more light! Put abut thirty miles on it and the light stayed off. Does anyone know if this bike saves the fault codes in memory? If it does, I'll stop by my dealer to have the codes pulled. I'm hoping it was just a bad tank of gas. Anybody ever have the same problem?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do not stop at your dealer, any f/i error code is gone when you turn the bike off.

For other Suzuki's, I make a dealer mode switch that allows you to view the error on the dash (m109 uses flashes of light for this code)., however I have not tested on for the 109.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts