M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after Lamonts last post on their ride, it got me to thinking.  There are many places I am sure around the country that I have yet to even hear of or know about that are great places to ride and I would like to make a list.  So how about everyone posting their favorite place and or the coolest places you know of or have actually rode before or would like to in the future.  Remember lots of guys may be new to riding so don't take for granted that we already know about any particular places.

I will start off and say that I have ridden up to Beavers Bend several times in south eastern Ok. its definitely a nice place to me.  I have been to Eureka Springs Ark. several times but have yet to take my bike, that is a must go for me especially from Hwy 40 take Hwy 23 north through the country 8) lots of switchbacks.  Then last but not least for me one of the main rides I have yet to make but is on the top of my list is Deals Gap.

Ok now everyone help me fill out my list of places I need to ride  :bigthumbsup:

khrome

G

·
I've never left the city on a bike yet...I know...thats sad!! I'm going on my first "long" ride in a couple of weeks. I cant wait!! We are going to Fountain City. I never heard of it before but its somewhere on the west border of Wisconsin...near or maybe in Iowa. Supposed to be beautiful roads to grind on there!! I will post pics when I get back!!

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
BRP and Skyline Drive (the Virginia extension of BRP) during the spring and fall. And all the little roads that shoot off of these awesome places. Too many RVs and gawkers during the summer.

·
Registered
664 Posts
In Georgia its gotta be dragons tail.... haven't had a chance to get the M109R up there yet, but soon....
if not there.. well anywhere with 2 lanes, virtually no traffic and a gas station every 150 miles is good with me :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Favorite place to ride my bike? Well, growing up it was through the woods. Now it's anywhere on my 109. Would luv to take it to AZ. Though the backroads through the midwest, including mountainous terrain (Smokies), is pretty dam cool.
As long as I'm ridin' it...don't matter a whole lot.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yep, all the roads through the Shenandoah mountains on the Va and WV sides. Beautiful turn backs, nice shade trees, wrapping along the river. I do it every Sunday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Take 518 north out of Las Vegas NM. take hwy 94 to Mora where it meets back up with 518 and follow 518 to Taos. Not the most technically challenging ride although there are plenty of twistys, but the views are some of the best you will ever see IMO.
While you are in Las Vegas NM, be sure to take the Nat forest road up to Hermit's Peak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hands down, The pacific coast highway from San Luis Obispo to Monterey. I have done it several times on my Concours, but not on my 109. There are several others I want to try, Blue Ridge Parkway and Dragon's tail among them. Hell, just doing a day trip here on the Arizona back roads is fantastic.

·
Registered
844 Posts
#1 Glacier Park (especially East side, south of St. Mary's)

#2 Almost anywhere on Ca. Rte 1 Between Santa Barbara and Ft. Bragg

#3 Blue Ridge Parkway/ Skyline Drive betwwen Front Royal, VA. and N. Carolina

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Anywhere.........Anytime ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mohican State Park, in Ohio, in the Autumn. Run down Route 3, maybe buy some fresh baked pie, bread and cheese from an Amish buggy by the road, have a little picnic. Then head on down, staying along the river, stop at Big Lyons Falls. Then over to the dam and on up to the Lodge by Pleasant Hill Lake. Little piece of heaven on the right day.

LG :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well looks I have a good start for a list here ... Now let's get lots more replies with currently 1650+ members on this site there should be a lot more replies I would think at least 500 :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
350 Posts
I haven't found it yet, but when I do I'll let ya know.
The Columbia River Gorge along the Oregon/Washington border is pretty nice. As well as any of the passes up over the Cascade Mountains.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lolo Pass, Glacier National Park, Yosemite, the Redwood Forest, and Crater Lake have all been fun this year. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts