M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video showing my DIY passenger's backrest and cover and seat change in less then 25 seconds.

·
Registered
960 Posts
LOVE that seat. Why don't you DIY one for me!?:D
:doorag:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
what about unscrewing the seat nuts and doing them up aye. you cheated ,add another minute.:p
Did you miss the pop-up text box that pointed out the plate he added so that the rider seat clamps down the cowl or rear seat.

I think that plate is the point of the quick-change video.

Great Idea. I think I may need to do one of those plates for myself.:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Did you miss the pop-up text box that pointed out the plate he added so that the rider seat clamps down the cowl or rear seat.

Great Idea. I think I may need to do one of those plates for myself.:bigthumbsup:
Must have missed that one. didnt see nuffin..oh now i see , it just decided to pop up lol

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah lets see a DIY
The backrest is not my idea. I followed instructions given by the original guy who did it. It is on you-tube. The riveted aluminum plate is my idea as I didn't want the hassle of the 2 screws. I didn't take any video of the DIY process as it is already on you-tube by the original guy who started it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what about unscrewing the seat nuts and doing them up aye. you cheated ,add another minute.:p

How back back spring do you get on it?

i made one like that and it had to much bounce in it.
As opposed to the metal plate by the original guy who did this mod, I used a 1/4" x 2" stainless steel plate. It is very hard steel with little spring to it. With a length of in almost all the way under the seat it works fine for my wife who is about 110kg.:D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for noticing. The piece of aluminum plate is .7mm thick and it is stucco embossed, other then that you might need at least 1mm thick for rigidity. Riveting to the seat is no problem as the hard cover of the seat is of great quality.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.