M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership i got my bike from had to shut its doors (they were great) went to the other stealership near my house and they tired to sell me oil for 7 bucks a qt., oil filter for over 12 and it was not a K&N they said with a smile "we are the only suzuki dealer in town now" My answer was "yeah you don't have to act like it". I went to Schucks Auto and found Motorcyle oil for 4 bucks a qt and he cross ref the oil filter and FRAM makes one for $7.99. Final drive oil was 4 bucks for 32 oz. Manager even gave me 10% off told me to tell all my buds he's got the goods. he can even order K&N air filters at a fair price. The stealer only gets my bike for work to keep me in good standing with suzuki! I also checked prices on bulbs and found them to be fair!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,149 Posts
I would go back to the dealer and tell him you were just trying to support the local business. Otherwise you can get it all cheaper on line.

With an attitude like they had, they won't be in business long either.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
The dealership i got my bike from had to shut its doors (they were great) went to the other stealership near my house and they tired to sell me oil for 7 bucks a qt., oil filter for over 12 and it was not a K&N they said with a smile "we are the only suzuki dealer in town now" My answer was "yeah you don't have to act like it". I went to Schucks Auto and found Motorcyle oil for 4 bucks a qt and he cross ref the oil filter and FRAM makes one for $7.99. Final drive oil was 4 bucks for 32 oz. Manager even gave me 10% off told me to tell all my buds he's got the goods. he can even order K&N air filters at a fair price. The stealer only gets my bike for work to keep me in good standing with suzuki! I also checked prices on bulbs and found them to be fair!
The dealers by me sell the oil and filters for the same price. I get the filters from DLP when I order stuff and pick up Mobil 1 4t at my local Walmart. And I think it is about $9 a quart for that oil. Maybe that is why the other place went out of business. They did not build in enough profit to survive. :dontknow:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My local dealer closed too, now I have to go 60 miles to the closest one. I was never a huge fan of their service however, I took my GSXR in 6 different times to get the rear brake fixed, each time they would just bleed the line and tell me it was good. At $100 a pop, it was a good incentive to move up to the 9.

·
Registered
561 Posts
These guys have great OEM pricing and a good reputation...

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/home.php

Don't let local Stealers rob you blind. It get they need to make a
profit to stay afloat, but lets make them stop the price gouging.

Jeff / Foo

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think we'll continue seeing this, too.

Same thing happened to me--the shop where I bought my nine went out of business. Of course, in my case the shop that went out of business was the bad one (long story of woe omitted for brevity's sake) and the local shop that's still going is better.

But I expect we'll be seeing other dealerships going out of business as the economy continues to sputter. Let's face it, for 90% of riders their bike is more of a "nice to have" as opposed to a "got to have" and when times are tight people put off purchases of those kinds of items. On top of this, a lot of shops that were making their profit off things like oil and accessories are being squeezed by online sellers.

A friend of mine had the only dealership in town close down and he now has a 60 mile trip if he needs anything from the actual dealership. Sucks, but right now that's the way things are going all over.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Most dealerships suck, have no clue, hire inept personnel and have everything priced as retail. Those will continue to go out of business. The good ones will remain open and mainly because of they might have a good service dept. not because they sell alot of bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts