M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fairing arrived yesterday ... took the day off to get it installed. I also have the 5" dark smoke windshield to go with it. If I had to use one word to describe Corbin and how they treat their customers it would be - OUTSTANDING. Great quality products, excellent shipping/packing, and worked with me each step of the process to make sure I got what I wanted.

GI Pro mounted on the triple tree

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like it:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Looks great!:congrats:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Looks very nice.

:bigthumbsup:Just hope no one comes up and calls it a harley.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How long did you have to wait for the fairing?

I orderd Fleetliner bags at my local dealer.
I'm waiting for 19 weeks now.
My dealer told mee all bags are on back-order till further notice.
Hope i'll have them for xmass comes :-\

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
wide open customs makes some sweet @ss fairings, my step dad and dad both have'em on their roadstar and 1800 vtx, they are sweet ! came with speakers and a deck, maybe you can get with'em to see if they'll make one for the c109, quick detach too

http://www.wideopencustom.com/dotnetnuke/

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
643 Posts
i like the look of that fairing, is it mounted between the top of the triple tree and teh risers??

·
Registered
23 Posts
WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT

The link to the fairing page (wide open custom) has been hacked into and if you follow it the website takes over your browser and you cant use it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
How long did you have to wait for the fairing?

I orderd Fleetliner bags at my local dealer.
I'm waiting for 19 weeks now.
My dealer told mee all bags are on back-order till further notice.
Hope i'll have them for xmass comes :-\
The fairing wait was about 3-4 weeks. My bags took a full 12 weeks to get to me. They are making sure there are no issues with them. Contact [email protected], he should be able to help track your bags.

Is it mounted between the triple tree and the risers?
Yes. The lower mount is installed behind the light bar (turnsignal bracket) and the upper is mounted between the risers and triple tree. Pretty straight forward install.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like the look of it however......

These 2 items from Corbin cost around $3K but when the time comes to sell the bike resale value will be nowhere near money paid. Dealers care less about accessories installed in case of trade-in.

Also you have to convince a buyer why you sell your bike $1.5-2k more than other similar bikes. Or have to remove them and try to find owner willing to buy used bags and fairing for less than Corbin sells it.

I just can,t justify paying 30% from the bike cost for bags and fairing.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I like the look of it however......

These 2 items from Corbin cost around $3K but when the time comes to sell the bike resale value will be nowhere near money paid. Dealers care less about accessories installed in case of trade-in.

Also you have to convince a buyer why you sell your bike $1.5-2k more than other similar bikes. Or have to remove them and try to find owner willing to buy used bags and fairing for less than Corbin sells it.
There's more to a bike than it's resale. I plan on running this one until there's nothing left to sell.....or at least close to it. I like to get my moneys worth in other words.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Running it to the ground is the only way to get your money back. I did not posted it above since it's kinda obvious.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There's more to a bike than it's resale. I plan on running this one until there's nothing left to sell.....or at least close to it. I like to get my moneys worth in other words.
Same here.
All the bikes i owned, I brought to the scrapyard.
If the bags still look good, you can repaint them and use on the next C109.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.