M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recieving my shroud yesterday and realizing the GOOD people at corbin sent me the wrong grommets, i got the right ones locally thanks to a pic Blake sent me.After realizing the brackets were to short and looking at them for a while,instead off making new one's i filed the holes longer to elongate them so there is more movement front to back,bingo nothing like a bit of ozzy ingenuity! Once i did that the shroud was on in 5 minutes, the trick is to leave the peg bolts loose enough to slide the bracket back or forth and once the shroud is tight put loctite on peg bolts and do them up 1 at a time:bigthumbsup: Now watch Corbin do this on the next lot they sell
View attachment 19908

View attachment 19909

View attachment 19910

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seems like alot of extra work for a new item that was built for our bike. I would think.. for that price.... i wouldn't need a trip to the store or a file to make it fit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Has someone (Blake ?) sent a note to Corbin about this issue ? If not, I will right after receiving mine.

L.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has someone (Blake ?) sent a note to Corbin about this issue ? If not, I will right after receiving mine.

L.
Corbin should send me an something for all the driving i did this morning trying to find the right grommets, and no they did not respond to my emails about the wrong parts either.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats just wrong ! That shroud should bolt on in 5 mins !! I hope they sort it out before mine comes !:confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Corbin should send me an something for all the driving i did this morning trying to find the right grommets, and no they did not respond to my emails about the wrong parts either.
They don't give a **** obviously, they got our money for their half ass product. :verymad:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was obviously out of my mind last night... Corbin is informed and posted a note about how to make it. Not an excuse though...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Corbin is a disaster of a company. Their customer service is a joke. Once they get your money they treat you like garbage. These issues with the seat and now the shroud are embarrassing. F corbin

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I knew the brackets had to be off...I'm not that mechanically inept! You have to wonder what the hell happened between prototype and production. Front seat doesn't fit properly, rear seat doesn't fit properly and the shroud doesn't fit unless you modify the brackets.
:bdh:

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've been offline for a few days but am glad to see that you got it worked out, Tony!

I'll check in with Corbin - I haven't heard anything in a few days. I'll point them to this thread so they can see what you've done.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What cover do you have mounted underneath your Corbin shroud is it from Irate customs in eBay?
:bigthumbsup: Yes Kappu, I picked the ironcross to match my Duck's air cover's and I must say it look's great in there! Irate's stainless work is great,the only thing i did was to take out the oem mesh and silicon it in the new cover because our road's resemble goat tracks and i did'nt want rock's destroying my radiator.And the shroud fit's perfectly over it.

View attachment 20048

·
Registered
743 Posts
so would you recommend the shroud or say steer away from it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so would you recommend the shroud or say steer away from it
I know corbin stuffed me up, but a trip to Repco fixed that and the brackets need filing, but other then that Gav this is one mod the 90 need's,pic's cannot do it justice.If you can afford the extra$$ get an Irate custom's grill and it really set's it off. So YES I do recommend it and Brooks at MSN is a great guy and followed the sale right up to delivery

·
Registered
608 Posts
I finally got the ambition to give the chin spoiler another try. It was much easier this time.

For the most part Corbin's updated instructions are accurate. By leaving the footrest bolts pretty loose I was able to get the bottom bolts of the spoiler loosely fastened to the brackets.

For the top bolt what I did was leave the top bracket pretty loose - I backed off the radiator mounting bolts that hold the corbin bracket pretty much. That made it much easier to get the top bolt into the bracket as the bracket had some freeplay. I left the top spoiler bolt pretty loose at first.

Then I then removed the neck covers to give me some more room to get a wrench behind the spoiler to tighten up the radiator mounting bolts.

I then tighted all the corbin mounting bolts securely and tightened and torqued the footrest mounting bolts.

I think the Corbin spoiler looks fantastic. I agree with Tony (Ozzy90) - the Corbin chin spoiler looks fantastic. It really suits the bike and is well worth any hassle that you may go through to get it installed. I'll post up a few pictures after I get the bike cleaned up. It's really filthy with all the tree pollen around here this time of the year. Plus I've been riding alot the past few days and there are a few pounds of bugs splatter all over the bike. :)

Ride safe ^-^

1 - 16 of 16 Posts