M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one of the Chin Spoilers from Tanel. I mocked it up and put it on today. It's not perfect, but I like it. I'll tweak it again later.

-Josh

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Looks good Josh, When I get some crap taken care of here, I will be doing the same, And put a 50 watt halogen driving light behind it LOL

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Won't that point directly at the tire??

-Josh
Yeah and make a nice bright spot for cagers to see me, i already have 2 driving lights coming off my footpegs, for seeing ahead. Anything I can do to make myself noticed, I will,!! lol

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah and make a nice bright spot for cagers to see me, i already have 2 driving lights coming off my footpegs, for seeing ahead. Anything I can do to make myself noticed, I will,!! lol
Get a HID headlight!!

-Josh

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Looking good Josh! I got the same chin from a member here while ago and did not have the time to mess with it. Did they come drilled? What about the lower part where the oil filter is located?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, Humberto. No, it doesn't come pre-drilled. I used some bracket I had lying around. There's 2 screws that hold the chrome pieces to the radiator side covers, one screw per side. The brackets I used have a nut welded on the backside. I drilled one hole per side to mount the spoiler from those brackets. 2 bolts, and the spoiler comes off. Should be a lot easier to replace the oil filter next time with that out of the way.

-Josh

·
Registered
629 Posts
Damn.... another white chin spoiler! You are not helping, but looks great. I ordered a chrome chin spoiler on the group buy and really am second guessing myself. Anyways.... Looks great Josh!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
That looks great. I think white on a white bike is the ticket. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with Zoom, Josh. The white on white is classy. Good on ya.

·
Registered
180 Posts
it's white because it's just the gel-coat color so it would be "easier" to paint it.. as white "hides" better:dontknow:

Damn.... another white chin spoiler! You are not helping, but looks great. I ordered a chrome chin spoiler on the group buy and really am second guessing myself. Anyways.... Looks great Josh!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hey, Humberto. No, it doesn't come pre-drilled. I used some bracket I had lying around. There's 2 screws that hold the chrome pieces to the radiator side covers, one screw per side. The brackets I used have a nut welded on the backside. I drilled one hole per side to mount the spoiler from those brackets. 2 bolts, and the spoiler comes off. Should be a lot easier to replace the oil filter next time with that out of the way.

-Josh
Got it! PM sent

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks good Josh. It is amazing how such a little part can make a big difference in the look of the bike, looks much better IMHO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts