M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my "C" now for about 2 months. I decided to make the jump and bought the Hard Krome 2-to-1 exhaust, a Cobra FI2000R and a homemade big air kit.

Pic with new pipes and my version of big air

close up of home made big air

fat boy from the rear

I couldn't be happier

·
Registered
642 Posts
looks good :bigthumbsup:
how hard was it to make the air filter cost much and did you feel any power increase I have been thinking of doing something simlar myself

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good :bigthumbsup:
how hard was it to make the air filter cost much and did you feel any power increase I have been thinking of doing something simlar myself
It was super simple to do. I took my stock cover to a local glass company that deals in plexi. They cut the basic rough shape for me for $12. That was for both sides. I then just bought the spectre filters from auto zone and two 4" filter flanges. All in all I have about $60 total in it. Easy to do. PM me when you get started if you run into any problems.

·
Registered
115 Posts
nice:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice dude, been waiting for someone to mod their own air, especially now seeing the size (stock) of back plate mod, hope you don't mine me stealing:cop: your ideal, of course with your permission first. :bigthumbsup:well done and so simple.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the compliments.

Nice dude, been waiting for someone to mod their own air, especially now seeing the size (stock) of back plate mod, hope you don't mine me stealing:cop: your ideal, of course with your permission first. :bigthumbsup:well done and so simple.
I wouldn't consider it stealing it at all. I figure that if people don't want things copied they shouldn't post them on a public site. :p
Good luick and let us see pics wen you're done.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice pics, like the backwards POLICE in the lower chrome engine cover!!!

Your pipes look like the Road Burner Pipe that is no longer around.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice pics, like the backwards POLICE in the lower chrome engine cover!!!

Your pipes look like the Road Burner Pipe that is no longer around.
Yeah that was a toal accident. It does look pretty cool though. They are the older 2-to-1 Road Burners. Picked them up brand new for less than $400 off of ebay. That included shipping.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks great..... I've got 2 into 1's on my wish list but not sure about Hard Krome. (Had 2-3/4" straights on my Intruder but were too loud). Are you happy with the sound? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great..... I've got 2 into 1's on my wish list but not sure about Hard Krome. (Had 2-3/4" straights on my Intruder but were too loud). Are you happy with the sound? :bigthumbsup:
They are loud, but not so that I can't stand it. I can still hear my ipod and talk through my bluetooth without a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts