M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a bike night at a local night club and the dyno guy was out there and set up, this past wednesday night. I just finish getting everything back together a couple weeks ago. He was only charging $20 bucks so i said what the hell, lets see if i got this thing tuned right. I got scorpion tips, ducks air cover mod with K&N, and i used the Fi2000r. I now have 120.1 HP, and 110.1 torque.....so what you guys think???:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
That looks pretty good. I've never heard of that brand of dyno, but it's a good reference. Mods seem to be working for you. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
:congrats: 20 BUCKS!!!! Wow, I wish it was that cheap here in Aus.
I'd love to put mine on a dyno just to know what it can do.

Why doesn't it show what the top speed was?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I would say the Hp seems a little high. The Tq seems about right. Different Dyno's on different days in different temps will give you different readings. I don't think you have 120 at the wheel with those mods but like Zoom said it's a good reference number. If you do any other mod's and you can get your bike on the same Dyno then you can get a better idea of performance gains based on the initial run. Just my opinion.....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think its possible. A Raw pipe, thunders, and tune are good for 128 hp
according to Raw Performance. I consider them to be a reliable source
and they have him by 8 rwhp and 6 rwtq.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I think its possible. A Raw pipe, thunders, and tune are good for 128 hp
according to Raw Performance. I consider them to be a reliable source
and they have him by 8 rwhp and 6 rwtq.
A RAW pipe/Thunders/ and a advanced tuned PC3 are a long way from what T_Gip runs. All he has is a reference point...the ideal situation would have been to have it done on a similar machine prior to the upgrades so as to see what was gained. Most upgrades if they're the least bit compatible only give you 5-10% more HP and TQ....his dyno check is showing to the high side of that with a chopped up exhaust with tips and a fuel enhancer not a tuner. This is not impossible but is very unlikely. I'll bet if he ran it on a more popular dyno it would show lower more accurate numbers. I have a somewhat tuned set of V&H's/cold intake K&N's/and a Cobra fueler and as good as it runs it is NOT getting 120/110 power. I'll bet T-Gip likes the way it runs and sounds and that's the only measure that should be important to him :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
But if I find him here in the 'ol North state we'll have a run at each other and report back who's bike was fastest ;) and who got the ticket :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
The numbers are good!! but the only thing i would say is that it is making max torque at 4600 rpm and then starts to drop off. Torque is what is going to get you there quick, but dropping off at such a low rpm doesn't give you much of a window.
Only my 2 cents worth, but all in all good numbers.

Bigeh..

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice numbers but a lot of factors can change them temp and humidity.found that out last year every wednesday FREE dyno at 5 corners.I ran her 5 times on that dyno low 106hp top 112hp it was much hotter for the 112hp.It is fun looking at all the Harley owners jaws hit the ground when they see the specs LOL.and listen to them complain about the 4000 dollars they spent to get 96hp:doh:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
5252 rpm?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that hp and tq are equal at 5252 rpm. That graph shows it at somewhere around 5700. Mathmatically impossible. So it's off somewhere.
I don't really care too much about max hp, just saying........

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that hp and tq are equal at 5252 rpm. That graph shows it at somewhere around 5700. Mathmatically impossible. So it's off somewhere.
:agree:I noticed that also, I have never seen horsepower and torque meet at that high of an RPM. It is always right around 5200 rpm. Maybe it has to do with the optimistic numbers and the roller inertia setting #6.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I saw that as well, but it appears that the graph is not accurate to the rpm, but if you look at the chart on the right they are very close at 5252rpm, which they absolutely must be. I think the graph on the left is not scaled right.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
ok dyno experts explaiin to the rest of us dummies why they must be equal at 5252 rpms:dontknow: just trying to learn as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
ok dyno experts explaiin to the rest of us dummies why they must be equal at 5252 rpms:dontknow: just trying to learn as much as possible.
rotating horsepower
Rotating horsepowerTorqueSpeed - revolutions per minute (rpm)

Torque is measured and HP is figured with the formulae above. Hp is nothg more that a mathematical calculation that tells a relative figure as to how quickly the work is being done. work=torque

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
rotating horsepower
Rotating horsepowerTorqueSpeed - revolutions per minute (rpm)

Torque is measured and HP is figured with the formulae above. Hp is nothg more that a mathematical calculation that tells a relative figure as to how quickly the work is being done. work=torque
beat me to it!:D:doorag:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts