M109 Rider Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
all this talk about warranty... calls for OEM parts. wouldn't it just do it again? id rather spend the money and get the gears back cut and the fork shafts machined from solid stock. if im gonna break down my bike that far it better be bullet proof when its back together.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I knew to come here FIRST. You guys have been there and done that when it comes to most issues. While riding my 9 this weekend my bike started to constantly jump out of second gear. :verymad: To the point.....When it jumped out it went back to neutral and the neutral light come on the dash. What way do I go from here. Clutch adjustment or the dreaded Transmission?? :-[ What's your take on it. As always Thanks for your comments
UGH! same thing Happen to me, a transmission repair is in your future send it to R&D transmission in Clearwater FLA they did a great job mine.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Just to add a few more details to the thread.

2013 bike owned from new with just over 40,000 miles and she has started to jump/slip in 2nd gear. Time for a transmission rebuild this winter.

Now what else should I do while the engine is in a zillion bits....... I saw a 2.0L big bore kit from Germany a few years ago but can't find it now.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
It's bent transmission forks just had my transmission fixed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Did you get to keep the old parts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Planing a British Columbia Meet, PM if you are interested? June 21-25, 2018 some place in southern part of the Kootneys.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts