M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could make this happen.And i have to give her gas to start it and when i let go of throttle it dies.Just adjusted valves could the timing do this im sure i set them correctly.Whats your opinion??? Oh and i also just programed the vance and hine fuel pak to the [email protected] airfilter,and vance and hine pipes.Oh and my battery voltage will not rise on start.And my voltage stays at 13.5 volts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine did the same thing this past summer when I left it out in the hot sun for a couple of hours. I had to ride almost 2 hours to get home while reving it up at red lights so it wouldn't die. I did some reading on here an apparently it has something to do with the tank heating up. I took off the gas cap and left it off for about half and hour. It has worked fine ever since. Mine is stock pipes and air filter, so if this doesn't do it, it may have something to do with your fuel processor.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Make sure your fuel rail is seated properly mine done it after the fuel recall. had to give it fuel at lights and when starting.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
How many miles on it and have you ever changed the fuel filter?

The battery has to be charging since it's showing 13.5 volts. It should be less than 13 volts with the ignition off after it's sit for a couple hours.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Going to have to agree with Zoom....was having problems with the bike sometimes dieing when I'd come to a stop. Then, one day it just petered out on me when I'd try to take it over 3K RPM and it would run fine below that. Changed the fuel filter/scrubber and it's run like a champ ever since then.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sounds like the fuel strainer problem, I used some Sea Foam from Autozone and it cleans the fuel strainer hopefully. I probable still need to change it, but I ride it to work everyday except when the temp is below 32 degrees. Scared of hitting black ice. I may change it in January. For now, Sea Foam it stopping the stalls when I come to a stop.

Jazzman wrote an excellent step-by-step procedure with pics for anyone wanting to change the fuel strainer.

Here is the link.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98113&highlight=strainer

Good Luck

Doc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts