M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have to occasionally jump start my bike cause for some reason when I turn the bike off after ride it would not restart. When I try to restart the bike I can heard the engine trying to turn but no luck until I jump it. So what is the problem here? Is there and alternator just like in cars, or is there something else that I don't know. Please help me out, I have been stranded several times and would like to solve this problem.

Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Yes, your battery won't hold a charge. Possibly the plates inside have come loose and are touching eachother, shorting itself out. Get a new battery.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Check your ground connections and the positive cable as well. A poor connection can prevent charging which can cause the battery to run down over time.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Sounds like the battery, but I agree, have it tested.

If you need to replace it, go with the Gman Odesey. Search for it here and you will get rave reviews on it.

We do not have an alternator, we have a stator, which is like an alternator but different in that it only adds power to your system over about 2500 RPM, so that letting your bike idle will not charge your battery like it would on a car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The battery is new, I just got it two months ago. i will take the battery to check then. I bought it from the suz dealership.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I'm on my third battery in 500 miles. All new from the dealer. Both had dead cells. My next one is waiting for Square Rounders mod so I can put a truck battery in it.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Check your ground connections and the positive cable as well. A poor connection can prevent charging which can cause the battery to run down over time.
:agree: i just had a loose ground connection that was causing a slight problem.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Check your connections at the battery and grounds and check the battery. There has been very few charging problems on the 9, but that's not to say there aren't any at all. Just think you should start with the basics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts