M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I'm no Dyno expert by any means, but that seems to be impressive numbers... especially in Standard, and not SAE. If I understand correctly, SAE makes the numbers look more inflated, and Standard is usually less. So, if that's right, 113HP is pretty impressive for bone stock.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
DaltonH said:
wow.. that thing is running way rich in the low rpms huh!

No wonder the PCIII and some extra air can really jazz this bike up!
Actually its running real lean below 4500 :eek: and it never goes any richer than 13:1 the whole rest of the run , thats one of the reasons for the good numbers ;)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bonehead said:
Actually its running real lean below 4500 :eek: and it never goes any richer than 13:1 the whole rest of the run , thats one of the reasons for the good numbers ;)
Max power is at 6500 rpm's @ 13.2/1 A/f. I would asume the lean condition down low has something to do with the set valve????

·
Registered
296 Posts
J R said:
+1, J R.....SAE corrected will usually bring down that number correcting for things like atmospherical conditions etc.

What were your SAE corrected numbers like?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
J R said:
Oh, ok. I thought I remember hearing you make a comment like "using the old SAE technique to boost your numbers" before. I must have been mistaken.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
^^^^ No, I wasn't saying you were accusing this guy of boosting numbers. I went back and found the post I was remembering, and it was when Lamont was talking of making another dyno run, and posted his numbers, then Hal posted his numbers not in SAE. You made a comment about "the old leave the baffles in trick" or something to that effect. I had questioned the difference between standard and SAE, and Hal gave a really good response explaining it. I just got them backwards.

Here's the thread I was thinking about http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2752.0

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JR, are correct I run the dyno in standard mode (for no reason). It is just a baseline so I know what the other mods do or don't do. I am not trying to impress anyone, but If you are :D . I called the shop where I use the dyno and he pulled up my highest power SAE 111.2hp 99.4 ft lbs. I do expect some decent #'s out of the 109 though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts