2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
I think they look great, nice job! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

How long did it take you to do them?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It took me roughly about a week. A little here and there after work. I tried the angle grinder method but I ended up wet sanding because I only had a 4 1/2 in grinder. It worked but I think the rmps were too fast. They still need some more polishing. They have a little haze on them. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the different rouges, brown, black, green, and white. That's what was in the pack that I got from Northern Tool. Maybe it was the wheels that I used. I used the firm yellow wheel and the soft white wheel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard that English Custom Polish works great in keeping these up. I've been using Mother's for now, until I can order some.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Looks great!! and it is alot of work but the reward is great looking wheels!! Nice job!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Oh yea, thanks Gottattooz for the video. That's where I got the nerves to try it.
You're very welcome. I was somewhat hessitant about doing the video, but now I"m glad I took the Time to do it. And thanks to Mark (20smoke) for volunteering his bike for the video.

-Josh

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
It took me roughly about a week. A little here and there after work. I tried the angle grinder method but I ended up wet sanding because I only had a 4 1/2 in grinder. It worked but I think the rmps were too fast. They still need some more polishing. They have a little haze on them. Any suggestions?
I was using Mother's Billet polish, but just recently started using the Hot Flash polishes. Several on here have tried it and it's amazing.

You can get a kit with the Haze to Amaze and Billet Plus Super Polish in it, and the kit includes nice towels.

http://www.hotflashcarcare.com/index.php

·
Registered
172 Posts
that's definitely one of the best home polishing jobs i've ever seen. very nice!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Props Brotha! Look Great! :congrats: They will have a little haze no matter what you do due to the alloy compound the wheels are made of, not very high quality. But I would say from the photos that you achieved 95% of what is capable. :bigthumbsup:

Try HotFlash by hand to seal and maintain...

Sly

:agree: SlyDog turned me on to this line of products and they work great.

Good to see you posting up again Sly. Hope all is well with you. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
the guy i have polishing mine is having a big problem doing it the rims are polishing but have a black haze all over the polish so what he did was have his guy powder coat a part for me using chrome powder coat and then clear it so i went to see it last night and let me tell you it looks just like polish NOT chrome but polish so i gave him the go ahead to have them done powder coated black in the middle and the chrome powder on the outside i will post pics ASAP and the up keep will be nice and easy to compared to polishing.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Those rims look great. :bigthumbsup: I have been thinking about buying a bench grinder and polishing several parts of my bike. I think I'll start with the riser caps. Heck, I can't possibly screw those up. :joke:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Excellent Job!!!

You should pat yourself on the back. You did a heck of a job on those wheels, and they look absolutely outstanding. :congrats:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts