M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pretty much have zero money right now to spend on a new set of pipes so I figured I'd do what I could with the pipes I had. I chopped 17" off and they are completely debaffled now. It was my first attempt at such a project so they arent the best looking. Slightly crooked and you can see just a bit of the weld on the top pipe. Oh well....they sound BAD ASS though. Way better than when I drilled the baffles and the 8 holes in the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am basically putting the same pipes on bike as we speak. What did you do with the set valve? Did you keep it or get rid of it? Thanks
Kenny

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Homegrown that looks cool is the best. Nice job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
wing....I didnt touch anything with the set, just disconnected the wires in order to take the entire exhaust off. Only thing that is different is 17 inches of the cans are gone and the rear half of the exhaust support hanger is gone as well. Good luck....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wing....i left it connected

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh yeah...they sound much much better than stock....:D I drilled the 8 holes and drilled out the first 2 baffles and still wasnt happy with them. They are pretty loud now....I saw my first pedestrians cover their ears just now so that means they must be louder :D THese should get me through until I can afford some new pipes.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
hey i did mine like this a long time ago can't you loosen the clamp behind the middle heat shield then rotate the top tip so it match the bottom mine was off a bit an I thought that's what I did when I have more time I will go out to look

here is how mine came out

1 - 20 of 22 Posts