M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have looked at the threads and found Bobby Mac thread
So this is my attemped I will nead to take the cowl off one more time for final triming
Thanks to this forum for all the low cost mods
Next will be debeaver

·
Registered
34 Posts
:bigthumbsup:Good work....the best mods are free mods.......or really cheap ones!:D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I have looked at the threads and found BooB Mac thread
So this is my attemped I will nead to take the cowl off one more thim for final triming
Next will be debeaver
BooB Mac...I like that...what do you know that we don't know :eek: :a20::hot::hot:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Looks good, I just took all the chrome off and wedged it in with the tab sitting on the triple tree. The thing that I like about the way you did it though is the fact that it isn't in direct sunlight. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks good, I just took all the chrome off and wedged it in with the tab sitting on the triple tree. The thing that I like about the way you did it though is the fact that it isn't in direct sunlight. :bigthumbsup:
I didnt like the look of the tach from the start
I saw the 2010 modle and new that i would do somthing like it
its not hard but scary

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
Looks great bro, I don't see a thing wrong with it. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It must be just me, but I'd never do that. To me the tach is another unique feature of the 9 and to do this, it's just takes away from the bike.
Don't mean to be bash your effort at all,so please don't take it the wrong way. As long as you are happy with it! :beer3:

·
Registered
877 Posts
It must be just me, but I'd never do that. To me the tach is another unique feature of the 9 and to do this, it's just takes away from the bike.
Don't mean to be bash your effort at all,so please don't take it the wrong way. As long as you are happy with it! :beer3:
its just u...:joke:
looks like a mole or wart on the bar...
only thing was good 4 is 2 help direct the windstream overhead...unless that was just me

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I think the tach placement was an afterthought by Suzuki. Mounted in the cowl it just cleans up the lines of the 9 so much. FREE mod, and makes a big difference. But that is what is great, your 9 won't ever look like mine since we have different tastes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No prob bro thats the way we role :beer2:
And thanks to all that like it :doorag:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:agree:
I think the tach placement was an afterthought by Suzuki. Mounted in the cowl it just cleans up the lines of the 9 so much. FREE mod, and makes a big difference. But that is what is great, your 9 won't ever look like mine since we have different tastes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have looked at the threads and found Bobby Mac thread
So this is my attemped I will nead to take the cowl off one more thim for final triming
Next will be debeaver
Hi Buddy, could you perhaps give a quick step by step on how to do this mod. please, when you have time.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I agree. Now if I only had the time to do it.....
Takes all of about 30 minutes, the part that takes the longest is taking the bars off to get to the bolts that hold the tach to that braket. Easy mod that makes a big difference. I didn't even have to remove the nacelle since I just wedged in and put a bicycle inner tube around the edge to hold it completely scure.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Buddy, could you perhaps give a quick step by step on how to do this mod. please, when you have time.

Thanks
Mike
Got to the How to step by step ( tach relocation mod and then go to post # 72 BobbyMac has some good picks
I will post some more picks also

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Takes all of about 30 minutes, the part that takes the longest is taking the bars off to get to the bolts that hold the tach to that braket. Easy mod that makes a big difference. I didn't even have to remove the nacelle since I just wedged in and put a bicycle inner tube around the edge to hold it completely scure.
I did cut my pastic a little to much on one side BICYCLE INNER TUBE :eek: grate idea to help fill in what I need :beer2:

·
Registered
838 Posts
It only took Suzuki 4 years to realize that was not a good spot for it. you all see where the 2010's tach is located at now right?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts