M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother was in the military,
I didnt so I stayed home building weapons with pride and a never ending respect for all that have and do serve this country.
Also,I will shake the hand of anyone who has come home from Vietnam and say "welcome home"
I was sent these funnies from my brother and had to share.

I`m sure this has been posted but I have not seen it so I want to share with all.

Bumper-Stickers Seen On Military Bases.

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

"When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine"

Naval Corollary: Dead Men Don't Testify.

"The Marine Corps - When It Absolutely, Positively Has To Be Destroyed Overnight"

"Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back"

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"

"Marines - Providing Enemies of America an Opportunity To Die For their Country Since 1775"

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It"

"Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon"

"It's God's Job to Forgive Bin Laden - It's Our Job To Arrange The Meeting"

"Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl"

"One Shot, Twelve Kills - U.S. Naval Gun Fire Support"

"My Kid Fought In Iraq So Your Kid Can Party In College"

"Machine Gunners - Accuracy By Volume"

"A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers"

"If You Can Read This, Thank A Teacher.. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran"

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just got back from a week in Washington D.C..

Went to Arlington Cemetery.

Talk about humbling.

Man oh man.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I'm retired Air Force myself, but I have a deep respect for the guys who have served in the "desert." I was lucky enough to be in a careerfield that didn't deploy. My hat's off to those who are making so many sacrifices to keep this country free, and I thank them personally every chance I get. They are greatly under-appreciated!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just went to my youngest son's Marine Officers Basic School graduation in Quantico, VA. My oldest son didn't make it because he was on his way back from Afghanistan. My oldest son is also in the Marines. Thay are both home for Christmas, and it makes me proud to say these two men are my sons.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
THANK YOU TO ALL, that served or serving in the Military :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
This was me in Iraq. That is one HOT place to be. Average temp around 110-130 degrees. I currently teach the new Privates coming into the Army how to fix the Chinook Helicopter. I am proud of these young kids, and do my best to prepare them for what is over there in Afghany land and Iraq.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thank you everyone for your service!!! I enjoy the English language, my job, traveling across state lines, typing on this forum, etc. Without our armed forces, I doubt these would be a reality.

Thanks Again and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
A couldn't agree more.

Thanks to all our veterans and current brothers and sisters defending this wonderful country. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks to all of you that are not in the service for supporting us. We have a job to do, most people do not agree with what we are doing, hell many of us on this side do not agree with what we are doing. But these are our orders that we will carry out. Until we all come home, the fight will never stop. Take a breif moment and pray for your soldier, sailor, marine, airman, and even coast guardsmen, for thier safe return upon completion of their mission. When you see on on the street in your town, shake their hand. We need to support of our country. God bless us all. I hope this message finds everyone having a start to a great year.

NavyDave

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks to all of you that are not in the service for supporting us. We have a job to do, most people do not agree with what we are doing, hell many of us on this side do not agree with what we are doing. But these are our orders that we will carry out. Until we all come home, the fight will never stop. Take a breif moment and pray for your soldier, sailor, marine, airman, and even coast guardsmen, for thier safe return upon completion of their mission. When you see on on the street in your town, shake their hand. We need to support of our country. God bless us all. I hope this message finds everyone having a start to a great year.

NavyDave
Very nicely said. It is always nice to hear that we are appreciated. We can't do what we do without all the great people back here in the US that support and love us.

Thank you all for the support.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan
Thanks Bullrider, Very Kewl Post !!

I didnt have the Balls To Do what you Guys Did , Thank you !

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you

Right now I am at the comfort of my own home with no fear of a bombing.
If i wish, I can get up and drive to a store and buy something.
If I want to read,surf the net,or go to church I can.
If I decided to ride my sweet 109 any direction I chose, I can.
If I feel like bashing and demeaning the very ones who fight for all my freedoms I can with no fears (even though I find that repulsive and would never do so)
I dont post much about this but I just feel inspired right now.
A very good friend was blown up in Vietnam by a mine and survived.
His life and attitude has given me a never ending passion and respect for all that serve.
Thank you all again!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
A heartfelt thanks and God Bless to all those that have served and those that are still serving. We wouldn't be what we are today, or may not even be here today, if not for you. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have been in the Army 17 years and to hear the appreciation for the service we do from you all.....Well, all I can say is Thank You

·
Registered
185 Posts
Your Spirit...

The spirit of the American People especially the decent young people of it's Military are one of the things that I admire in your culture... Of course being Australian I have the same admiration for our service personel...

Our two countries have a whole lot in common and whilst our contribution to the fight in Afganistan and Iraq is much smaller than yours I'm sure most Australian's know it's a nessecary thing we do...

I happen to be very pro American and understand that your country and military have paid a very high price for its leadership on the world stage...

I wouldn't venture to say everything has been perfect but then, what is in this world?. What I would say however is that, without the determined sacrifice and goodwill shown by your country the world would be a lot less desirable place to live in than it is... For that I thank the service men and women of both the US and Australia...

Regards to all,
Boffo

·
Registered
461 Posts
Boffo, that means a great deal to me, a former paratrooper for this great country, the USA. Many countries are not so grateful, albeit many of our citizens make it difficult with their arrogance and disrespect, but to have the gratitude and respect from someone outside of the USA is very gratifying and adds to the pride of serving this country. Thank YOU!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
The spirit of the American People especially the decent young people of it's Military are one of the things that I admire in your culture... Of course being Australian I have the same admiration for our service personel...

Our two countries have a whole lot in common and whilst our contribution to the fight in Afganistan and Iraq is much smaller than yours I'm sure most Australian's know it's a nessecary thing we do...

I happen to be very pro American and understand that your country and military have paid a very high price for its leadership on the world stage...

I wouldn't venture to say everything has been perfect but then, what is in this world?. What I would say however is that, without the determined sacrifice and goodwill shown by your country the world would be a lot less desirable place to live in than it is... For that I thank the service men and women of both the US and Australia...

Regards to all,
Boffo
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
To all the men and women who serve our country in the military my hats off to you.GODS SPEED AND BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY'S!!:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts