M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
looking good man!!! i want to do mine but the part stores around here dont carry that small air filter. Were did you get yours?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can get those filters at either autozone pepboys or any import store give them a try :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
PERFECT :bigthumbsup: or you could tap into the elbows or do it the hard way like i did and tap into the air intake runner before i did the MOD :dontknow: :realmad:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Man, you're ride is looking schweeet.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
BOTLFED109 said:
PERFECT :bigthumbsup: or you could tap into the elbows or do it the hard way like i did and tap into the air intake runner before i did the MOD :dontknow: :realmad:
huh. tap ito the elbow or intake runner for what? i missed that part in the write up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guys, Is the bike running lean with this K&N system?
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered...I looked but didn't see post addressing this.

It looks cool as sh*t! I want to do something like this myself....but afraid I might lean it out too much.

Come on pcIII!!

Definitely a sweet ride!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't seem lean. No extra heat no backfiring. More power, more responsiveness, better sound.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not yet. Just the JSD-3.

Waiting on a power commander and going to combine it with a nitrous system.

I don't see any decent exhausts out there yet. It will be months before I make a move on that. Gotta be a good 2 into 1.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
so, is anybody running this yet with debaffled pipes? wondering how it does with this combo, without the fuel managment.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a lot more air coming out of those pipes now. They aren't debaffled but if I stand behind it I can feel the air thumping out.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
L-Train,
I love it. I'm concerned because my 109 runs way too hot in my opinion. I want to cool it down, and I was thinking about the Cobra Fi2000R along with the JSD3M(which I've already ordered).
Do you think the air intake mod along with the JSD, would have more of an impact on my 109 running cooler and stronger, than the JSD and the FI2000R?
Again, love the mod. BTW, you would likely have seen more power if you had a black 109 though...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just a fyi my bike is de Baffled and still no backfire and no leaness  8) with the air cleaner mod. AND YES IT IS LOUDER :bigthumbsup:

G

·
IMO, this is the best so far. I would love to know the complete rundown of parts and costs for this specific application. I would like to duplicate it as much as possible. Were all the parts found at a auto parts store? If it's too much trouble I understand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
TONEOUT :bigthumbsup:

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1631.0;id=600

here you go this is my orginal post all the info is there on one of those pages :a18:

so i take it that my mod is a hit.. well i better start the patten work :joke: i am glad everyone on the board can benifit from this i am working on a race version for the track it looks similar but a heck of alot MEANER :evil:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts