M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to go on my first REAL motorcycle ride. My brother and I took run up to the top of the Sandia Crest near Albuquerque New Mexico. Fun ride. First time hitting some real corners as most of the streets on Albuquerque are straight. As you can see in the pics below, my pegs took a beating :doorag:. I will definitly have to go with the Metz 260 rear and 160 front if you all say it tracks better that way. Had a blast though, loving the bike. Enjoy my pics:

These pegs were near perfect before we left today :bigthumbsup:

No more chicken strips on the front :D

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
awseome pics!! :dontknow:

·
Registered
265 Posts
GREAT PICS!!!........DAMN!!!,,,,,,I WOULD LOVE TO GO FOR A RIDE AND END UP WITH A VIEW LIKE THAT!!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GREAT PICS!!!........DAMN!!!,,,,,,I WOULD LOVE TO GO FOR A RIDE AND END UP WITH A VIEW LIKE THAT!!!!
There is nice range of scenery here. Love my state. Eastern New Mexico is flat but north central New Mexico has some fun and pretty mountain roads. Here is a view of that same mountain range from my back yard. The pinkish color is because the sun is setting.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
With stopping at the top for a few cigs and a Monster, total trip was about 2 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fantastic Pics of the Sandia's Bro! Hoping to go up there as well Mon or Tues. Maybe S-14 to the Ponderosa?? Frikin Balloon Fiesta has me on call both of my days off:edit:.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I gotta try to make it to the crest before it gets too cold, Great pics bro:bigthumbsup:

Fantastic Pics of the Sandia's Bro! Hoping to go up there as well Mon or Tues. Maybe S-14 to the Ponderosa?? Frikin Balloon Fiesta has me on call both of my days off:edit:.
F**K the baloon fiesta, great for the tourists and the NM economy, but born and raised in ABQ... I HATE HOT AIR BALOONS:D

·
Registered
102 Posts
:agree::agree: Dave, we can try and keep up w/ you on a Fri or Sat after 4pm or any time Mon or Tues:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:. eyebmx, what is your availavility for rides?
I gotta try to make it to the crest before it gets too cold, Great pics bro:bigthumbsup:

F**K the baloon fiesta, great for the tourists and the NM economy, but born and raised in ABQ... I HATE HOT AIR BALOONS:D

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
:agree::agree: Dave, we can try and keep up w/ you on a Fri or Sat after 4pm or any time Mon or Tues:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:. eyebmx, what is your availavility for rides?
:agree:
not a bad idea...but your days off suck.
friday/saturday work but after 4? the days are getting shorter my brothah:D

haul azz up and turn around before the sun goes down:bigthumbsup: then stop for drinks somewhere back in town? the clocks tickin dude, lets do this while the weather is nice:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i got thursdays and sundays, other than that I work pretty much 9am-10pm. im basically off every day you didnt mention

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
i got thursdays and sundays, other than that I work pretty much 9am-10pm. im basically off every day you didnt mention
WOW, your hours suck more than mine:joke:

I work sunday-thursday 5pm- 5am. But thanks to new sex offender laws, kcp71 has to get permission to leave his cell, sometimes the warden rides with him:joke:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got wednesdays off too :-[. Guess that doesnt really help. Thats also the only day I got off with my girlfriend, so I try not plan other things anyway.

Sounds like kcp71 needs to learn how not to get caught :bigthumbsup:.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Awesome pics, and you got rid of most of the chicken strips in one ride! :congrats:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Sounds like kcp71 needs to learn how not to get caught :bigthumbsup:.
thats what I'm sayin, but he's a habitual offender so it's just a matter of time before they throw the book at him:D

but he's cool to ride with so I just ignore his "compulsion":bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thats what I'm sayin, but he's a habitual offender so it's just a matter of time before they throw the book at him:D

but he's cool to ride with so I just ignore his "compulsion":bigthumbsup:
As long as he stays away from me and my own Ill ride with him :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts