M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some foreign language here for you, I'll explain. My chapter went to the Pickled Galah rally over new years eve (a Galah is an Australian parrot that is known for its stupididity). Had a great time and met some great fellow bikers from many clubs. My bike won the best jap (in OZ this in not
derogatory just an abbreviation) cruiser trophy in the show and shine, it's not the best 9, but on the day it was favoured by the judges, I love my bike. The rally was put on by the sun state riders and was held in Maidenwell in Queensland (see map)

Guv

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Great win! Ok I debated for an hour weather to say this or not, so here it goes im ready for the fire storm too follow. Too bad the catagory wasnt wasnt called metric,or asian,or Im not sure. Jap just isnt somthing I would call my friends from Japan, ok Im done and off the soap box. Again great way to represent.:congrats:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great win! Ok I debated for an hour weather to say this or not, so here it goes im ready for the fire storm too follow. Too bad the catagory wasnt wasnt called metric,or asian,or Im not sure. Jap just isnt somthing I would call my friends from Japan, ok Im done and off the soap box. Again great way to represent.:congrats:
No biggie, Just an Australian thing! Like we don't call our guys truckers, we call them truckies, just an Australian thing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Why Metric??? almost all motor bikes are metric except those made in Pommy land or Yankee land.And why asian.They were not made in Thialand or Vietnam or china.They are made in Japan so aptly called a Jap bike.If they were made in Aust they would be Bloody Aussie bikes.If they were made in New Zealand and used for riding, The would be sheep.AND if we were to have a category of "I'M NOT SURE" then that would have to be for the Harleys 'cus we are not sure where they are made now.Is it China or India or Pakistan OR are some still assembled in Michigan?:joke::duck:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Why Metric??? almost all motor bikes are metric except those made in Pommy land or Yankee land.And why asian.They were not made in Thialand or Vietnam or china.They are made in Japan so aptly called a Jap bike.If they were made in Aust they would be Bloody Aussie bikes.If they were made in New Zealand and used for riding, The would be sheep.AND if we were to have a category of "I'M NOT SURE" then that would have to be for the Harleys 'cus we are not sure where they are made now.Is it China or India or Pakistan OR are some still assembled in Michigan?:joke::duck:
The term "Jap" is derogatory. If you want to designate them as such you should use "Japanese."

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
congrats on the win sir, but i have one question...

when you ride to a show on the bike and win a large trophy like that,.....how do you get it home??

·
Registered
147 Posts
jap

The term "Jap" is derogatory. If you want to designate them as such you should use "Japanese."
Id be interested to know if the japanese do find this derogatory,im British and we are always called Brits,doesnt bother me or any other Brits i know one iota,just wondering.............Oh and well done dude on the win.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Time and time again i have conversations about, ride, check out, etc etc etc...other bikes. This bike does it all. Best cruiser out here if you ask me. :congrats: on the win

·
Registered
100 Posts
"political correctness"

Maybe the term "Jap" is derogatory here in the US because of our history with the Japanese and also our "politically correct" mindset....in Australia maybe they don't think that way....we Americans cannot apply our mindset to how those in other parts of the world think....just consider that before you're offended....not every country was at war with Japan...:dontknow:
P.S. Congrats on the win!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts