M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to Melbourne for our annual Patriots NAGM (annual meeting), dodged floods and rain an the way down the Newel Hwy (inland), couldn't dodge the floods on the way back so we went the Hume Hwy (more towards the coast) then Buckets way to Uralla then home to Toowoomba from there (check out google maps Australia). Great ride, four of us on the ride, stayed in pubs and cheap motels. 3667km all up. Went down Great Ocean Road with my lady while we were there (pics attached), bought back old memories.

Guv

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thats 2279 miles, thats a nice trip :2cool: nice to see someone enjoying there bike, even if it is half way around the world.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Awesome looking trip! Cool that your lady can log such good miles along side you as well. But how come your always on her bike in all the pics?:eek:....:joke:

That road along the ocean looks awesome. We're locked in the deep freeze of winter over here so that looks very good right about now. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
3667 km

That is some trip...sounds like a blast...the Land Down Under is on my list of places I must get too...Thanks 4 sharing :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that Looked like a HAUL !

You Travel LITE ,LOVE IT ! :bigthumbsup:

How long did the Trip take ?
We took our time, 3 days each way nothing over 500 k each day. I did travel lite but I'd taken the bags off for the day trip we did while there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats 2279 miles, thats a nice trip :2cool: nice to see someone enjoying there bike, even if it is half way around the world.
Went even further last year, to Darwin 6700 k (4163 miles)

Next year I'm supposed to ride to Perth in Western Australia 8500 k (5281 miles).

I think I'll fly!:redfaced:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
That's an awesome ride bro, thanks for sharing.

Australia is one of the places I'd love to visit sometime, whether to ride or just to visit. Canada and Alaska are on my list too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's an awesome ride bro, thanks for sharing.

Australia is one of the places I'd love to visit sometime, whether to ride or just to visit. Canada and Alaska are on my list too.
I'd like to visit the US and ride accross country to get to Sturgis, but I have to visit the rellies in Sweden first.

Guv

·
Registered
26 Posts
so cool!

Did the Great Ocean road a couple of years ago in a Camper Van (drove from Melbourne to Sydney via Mt. Gambier, Mildura, Broken Hill, Dubbo and the Bathurst circuit); would love to do it on a bike!

But then again, would love to go to the States and do some riding there too (and am only riding for about 2 years now, so Europe has sooo many secrets for me still ;))

·
Registered
766 Posts
very nice!!!:2cool: wish I had the time to do something like that.:drool::drool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts