M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the drunk B!tch who rear ended me (Hit and Run) is probably out of jail by now and driving on a revoked license and still without insurance. While I have to recover from injuries and fight with my insurance company on how much I get for my not even one year old love of my life (bought her brand new in August of 2009). I got the estimate back from my dealer and it is:

$12,125.79 Parts
$885.00 Labor
$769.99 Tax
$13,780.78 Total

Here is how I hope it goes - Blue Book value is $8,900. I had about $2,000 in extras and a $500 Deductable (because she has no insurance) = $10,400.

I know I will have to wheel and deal with insurance people but does this sound fair? Any agents out there who own 9's or some one who has had this happen to them?

Very Sad and M109 less right now! Only thing keeping me going is the STL Cardinals are on a 7 game winning streak and back in first place.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
man this sucks.

i am in the middle of a huge ins thing to and it is not fun. i really really hope that it all comes out for the better for you.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Wow that looks BAD , you two where lucky to Live thru that !!!

What Kind Of inurance do you have ? Some companys are better than others , i have allstate , but i have heard good things about Progressive

i Guess the Lawers Will have to be involved ,I really hope your insurance Company Makes it all Good for ya

How is the Healing Process coming along ?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
depends on the company im sure. thoes low premium companies not sure how they work. I have replacement on mine. I think that would be a fair value but I would try to get the bike too. the motor alone is worth a couple of grand. that is if you have room and the tools to take her apart.

Ben Im still looking for ya.

Oh since she has no insurance take everthing through your legal counsel!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Ben sorry to hear . Can you buy it back ?? Part it out to recoop some of the lost money ! Dont worry she will get hers !

·
Registered
643 Posts
It's a sad day Bro sorry to hear more bad news for ya not much words of encouragement for ya except Get well soon and get a new 9!!! good luck in the days ahead!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
total b-chit! when i wrecked my 08 it was 16 months old and had 18000 miles on it. it was nobodys fault but mine. nobody else involved. my ins. co. paid me 10,600 for the bike plus 3000 for the mods. with a 500 deductible i got a check for 13,100.
dont settle for less. YOU are the customer and even though its your insurance thats paying- they should pay you for your loss. you paid them for their coverage. this is in no way your fault and they can go after that uninsured BIATCH that hit you. this is why WE buy insurance plus the government makes us buy it. i could go on forever. TOTAL B-CHIT!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My first 109 was in the shop and shop caught fire. I got a new white one 3 days later. 1 month later got ran off the road. Rolled 3 times= Totaled. Ins gave me a check for 12.000.00 and kept the 500.00 dedcutable. Gieco Ins. All this took place in 5 days. I had a new red one in the garage. And only paid 10,000 for new 2007. 7000 miles later chrome to the bone and fat. and not one scratch. Hope your drunk driver goes to jail for driving under suspension. Hope your ok, and hope your bike replacement goes as good as mine.
Good luck Bro
Dam Guy

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
missouri has a victim of crimes division that will probably be ahold of you soon if not already and they will take care of some restitution that the state will MAKE her pay as a part of her sentencing. at least that is how they are handling my claim, as they are similar in the fact that they involved drunk drivers. I would seek legal council to get the best out come for you and her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hang in there bro, sorry to hear about the wreck. Drunk drivers.....pretty scary what can happen but I'm glad you made it. I lost a couple of friends that weren't so fortunate.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well the drunk B!tch who rear ended me (Hit and Run) is probably out of jail by now and driving on a revoked license and still without insurance. While I have to recover from injuries and fight with my insurance company on how much I get for my not even one year old love of my life (bought her brand new in August of 2009). I got the estimate back from my dealer and it is:

$12,125.79 Parts
$885.00 Labor
$769.99 Tax
$13,780.78 Total

Here is how I hope it goes - Blue Book value is $8,900. I had about $2,000 in extras and a $500 Deductable (because she has no insurance) = $10,400.

I know I will have to wheel and deal with insurance people but does this sound fair? Any agents out there who own 9's or some one who has had this happen to them?

Very Sad and M109 less right now! Only thing keeping me going is the STL Cardinals are on a 7 game winning streak and back in first place.
You need to check the laws out there. It was a hit and run, but she got caught. So they have who hit you. You should not have to pay the deductible, even if she has no insurance. The deductible is only paid when the accident is "YOUR" fault, or there's only "ONE" vehicle involved (example: you wiped out on sand.)

If your ins is making you pay the deductible, then most likely they are putting the claim as a one vehicle accident and you will get points added to your license along with a deductible to pay. Thus making the accident your fault, not hers.

I know in mass, you have uninsured motorist coverage in your ins policy. If something like this happens, you are fully covered under that part of your insurance with no deductible to pay.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
that is how it is working on my claim as well.

he had ins but only to $25k and that wont cover it, i have $100k in under-insured coverage so it will roll over onto that. and we may also sue him.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hang in there Ben and don't take the first offer that they throw at you. Get what your 9 is worth. Go Cards!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
hopefully you can buy it back for pennies from the insurance company. Let meknow, I always wanted to take a newer GSXR 750/1000 and put a twin in it. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Laws do vary from state to state but your logic is fairly sound. Today many insurance companies wont increase your rates if it's clearly not your fault, regardless of whether they pay the claim or not. Unless of course you have a history of claims, then the rates will go up.

I don't feel so bad now after hearing your story, my bike had $8,000 damage, but I rode it home after the accident and got it back after 6 weeks and some healing.

I'm glad you're alive to one day ride again, you're in-store for some struggles, but in the end, I'll be happy to see your post saying, "I'm back!"

Good luck brotha.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts