M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ummm not sure that i will try that.
gotta agree with you there. rig like that not going anywhere near my 9 but you gotta appreciate the ingenuity.

·
Registered
74 Posts
we had metal frame ones made that would hold up our harleys. i wouldn't do any major tourqing while it's on there, but they work great for cleaning and polishing.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That is impressive, he must be from WVA. :joke: I would never lift my 9 that way.
Nope Cincinnati, OH. I know that dude from another forum. That's straight up northern ******* engineering wrot dur! :eek:

Sometimes purchasing a $80 manual bike lift from Pep-Boys is just money well spent.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
our bikes bottom of the engine is lower then the frame rails. good luck to all that want to try that, maybe Im old school, but I bought the correct motorcycle jack and lift table.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hmm Let see? Lifting $18.000 with A Piece of wood and metal Bar :yikes:
or
purchasing a $80 manual bike lift from Pep-Boys like some one said.

:crackpipe:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
smart nice and practical

I'm crazy enough to try but after reading what you guys posted hmm I'll pass , but smart nice and practical none the less.

·
Registered
395 Posts
He is risking a 9k bike tipping over in order to save $80 on a hydraulic jack?:dontknow:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I made one with 2 2 by 8s and put eye hooks on each end for tie down strapes, it works great and is surprisingly sturdier then most jacks I have ever used:doorag:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts