M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding for about 24 years since I was a kid and I have now found the enjoyment of music while riding. Before anyone starts lecturing; I know the repercussions. I don't have the music up loud enough to drown out any of the sounds that are needed to keep my attention. My problem is I purchased the Sansa unit and it's wonderful. The earplugs are not the best though. They don't fit very well inside the ear which leads to more wind noise and thus a louder volume. I read somewhere that the ETYMOTIC ER-6I NOISE ISOLATING IN-EAR EARPHONES work really well. They are kind of pricey but I have read good things about them. I was curious if anyone had used them and how they fit inside the helmet.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I stock the earpads for placing inside your helmet. They have double sided tape and are stuck inside the helmet in the hollow made for your ears. If you have a lot of space inside the helmet - a gap between your ear and the earpad speaker, you can space the speaker out with some foam. I use them and they work very well and you don't have anything stuck inside your ear.
PM or email me if you need a pair. They are $19.95 plus $3 shipping.
Jon
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I boughe a good set of head phones with the mpe plyer and after tearing them apart the speakers fit right into my Arai helmet. I also heard ear buds are illigle to use in a helmet but speakers are OK besids speakers are way more comfortable IMOP :D :read:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the same mp3 player and i also use the shure e2c in ear headphones. They work just like my ear plugs as far as blocking out wind noise. They also comes with several different "tips" to suit different ears. My favorite so far is the collapsable foam ones. I got them from amazon for 60 bucks on sale and are worth every cent. I use a full face helmet and have not problems with fit. :bigthumbsup:

jaeme

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-E2c-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0000CE1UO

·
Registered
665 Posts
I wear a full face helment,and use the "ear buds". they work great. I do think the flat speakers would be even better though. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
For longer rides, I wear earphones. I have the cheap kind that loop over the ears hooked up to a cheap AM/FM radio. I first used them while wearing just a skull cap helmet (I had a windshield on that bike) and they worked out fine. I wear a full face on my 109 and they are still relatively comfortable, and very easy to hear, but I think the flat speakers intalled in my helmet would be a much better idea. Chatterbox makes a device that has communication between bikes (if your friend dumps some $$$ on one), radio capable, and cell phone capable. I have found it as low at $199 and I am seriously thinking about going with that one.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Go to best buy and take a look at these Sony in ear plugs MDR-EXSILP. I had the same problem until i tried these. cost $40 which i do believe is considerably cheaper then the models you posted. They are so comfortable you can hardly feel them and they do an excellent job of blocking windnoise. I sometimes wear them with a skull cap and no music on just to keep the wind noise down. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I ware Shure noise canceling head sets and there wonderful until you have to put a proper full face mask on then it can get a bit tight and makes my ears hurt after a few hr's of riding. I like the idea of putting the head phones in the helmet idea a lot cheaper and it sound a heck of a lot more comfortable.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am fortunate to have a 2 sets of SHURE E5C headphones my wife received as a bonus for employee of the month. They are earbuds with assorted ear "cups" for perfect fit. THEY SOUND INCREDIBLE! they are quite expensive though $350 and up depending where you look.  I can't hear my neighbors 1200 sportster when he is right next to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts