M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I've read all the old posts on this subject and wanted to re-visit this topic. While on this last road trip, I realized that some tunes would be awesome!! We brought the Nano for her to listen to...but I cant ride with those buds in my ears!! Really want a speaker system for long trips. Any suggestions since the last posts where started about this topic??? What sounds the best for the price?? thanks
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What kind of helmets do you wear? I have a chatterbox on my full face helmet and it works well for talking to other riders and listening to music. You can attach it to open face helmets too. If you are so inclined you can get another one for your better half, not exactly the same one but similar to, and you can talk to her and she can listen to music too. It might be what you are looking for. I bought mine at http://www.helmetshop.com/items.asp?cc=CHATTERB. Good luck.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually looking for speakers that can be mounted onto the handle bar area. I want to use my Nano MP3 player with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
posted this in another thread, but i'll copy here since it's relevant...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for the high-end, you probably won't be able to find a helmet more baddass (audio-wise) than this...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2006/03/bmw_motorrad_wcs1_bluetooth_helmet.html



at $910, you probably won't be able to find a more expensive helmet either :p.

i've been searching and searching for a bluetooth helmet device that does stereo to an MP3 player. this was the only one i've found. i see they also sell the audio system in an upgrade-yourself version without the helmet. i'm going to call the local bmw dealer for a price on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
phaed said:
posted this in another thread, but i'll copy here since it's relevant...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for the high-end, you probably won't be able to find a helmet more baddass (audio-wise) than this...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2006/03/bmw_motorrad_wcs1_bluetooth_helmet.html



at $910, you probably won't be able to find a more expensive helmet either :p.

i've been searching and searching for a bluetooth helmet device that does stereo to an MP3 player. this was the only one i've found. i see they also sell the audio system in an upgrade-yourself version without the helmet. i'm going to call the local bmw dealer for a price on it.
I have heard that some of the BMW helmets are pretty quiet too.... so audio is perhaps feasible..but with heaps of 109 riders going to 'bad ass' exhausts I think the vol you would probably need to achieve (to beat the ambient noise) will probably 'fry' your hearing.
I am trying to get as quiet as I can inside my helmet (so I am not shouting at the nursing staff in the old folks home in years to come) and am about to get a 'whisper strip' for my Shoei.......supposed to HALVE the noise..here's hoping!
I've tried the bluetooth friendly Nolan..but found it too noisey..liked the sun visor thing though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
properly fit full face helmets are relatively quiet, even when faced with a debaffled exhaust. the real danger comes not to your hearing, but in not being able to hear your surroundings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Hess said:
Ruben how loud will these go? My old ear dont work so well anymore
Well, my hearing is still pretty good. LOL so I can hear them just fine. If you adjust them in your helmet just right they are just as good as any earbud, as far as volume.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
If you have a full helmet...a guy on ebay sells great, and I mean great helmet speakers for around $20 shipped. Yes, I said $20. They work great with my Nano. Go to ebay and search helmet speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
LeeDowney said:
If you have a full helmet...a guy on ebay sells great, and I mean great helmet speakers for around $20 shipped. Yes, I said $20. They work great with my Nano. Go to ebay and search helmet speakers.
:duck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
Ruben said:
Hey man, check these out.Â

I too could not ride too long w/the ear buds because they start to hurt after a while. I recently purchased these on ebay. Very comfortable and easy to use. sound good too. The best part about them is they dont cost an arm and a leg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...011QQitemZ320018239792QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
OK, listen up you guys if you want the BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK as well as a great setup !!!!!!!!

This set of flat inside the helmet speakers that Ruben is suggesting along with my $50 Sansdisc MP3 player from Radioshack (150 songs) is absolutely AWESOME !!! just like Ruben said - no more earbud pain, I wish I knew about these things 10 years ago- makes the ride to Daytona an enhanced experience ( Lynrd Skynrd, Led Zep, Rollong Stones..... ) EXCELLENT COMFORT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
I knew I would find the answer on this site.
Thanks Ruben and M109Lover :bigthumbsup:  I was on a 4+ hour ride today with the earbuds rolling around in my ears thinking " theres got to be a better way!"
That ebay set up looks sweet and at a nice price. :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Just put the $20 ebay specials in my helmet and love them. Works great up to about 80 then the wind noise gets to be to much. Could be the iicon helmet isnt as quiet as some others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,466 Posts
spete-o said:
I knew I would find the answer on this site.
Thanks Ruben and M109Lover :bigthumbsup: I was on a 4+ hour ride today with the earbuds rolling around in my ears thinking " theres got to be a better way!"
That ebay set up looks sweet and at a nice price. :doorag:
Spete,

Let us know how much you dig them when you get them.

They are nothing short of AWESOME for comfort and cost effectiveness !!!!!

Thanks again Ruben.

My two bros and I never leave home without them !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
One question, do these go behind the liner in the ear area or do they go on top of the liner? My helmet is pretty tight fitting (as it should be). Just wondering. I have a full face Simpson RX-8 helmet with the nomex liner.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top