M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like good ole Murphy said if it is going to happen it will happen to me and it did

I was doing the holesaw mod on the stock pipes I started on the top pipe and wham the holesaw falls off in the pipe I try and clip the extension back onto it and booing the spring ,washer,ball bearing and clip fall off well 1 hour later the holesaw is outta the pipe then comes the ball bearing cause without it the extension wont clip 1/2 hour after that all is good clip and extension all sorted out holes drilled and bike running loudly

Thanks guys for this mod it will have to do for now until new pipes come onto the scene over here

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To be honest with you I really dont know I do know that the bottom muffler I removed 2 plates with the holesaw but the top pipe I only got i piece out but that is not saying that with all my fishing for the bits that maybe 1 got away but I cant reach the next baffle with the 12 inch extension in the top pipe so maybe i did

·
Registered
844 Posts
A strong magnet on an extension is almost a "must have" for this mod. (my hole saw became disconnected at least four times -- but I retrived it right away with the magnet).

Suggestion: get a longer extension and take out that last baffle -- you be glad you did!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts