M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I'm a "Mr Sheen" user from way back, but have recently heard ,,,,,,,,
Those who detail bikes for a living, now use "Pledge", as it supposedly gives better results.
Thought I would open a debate ,,,,,,,,,
Does anyone have any thoughts on the subject ???
Just what are these new found "benefits" ???
Please reply

Cheers,
Big Jim
thedodgelodge

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
I have used pledge on the plastic/plexi glass windows of the UH60 Blackhawk and works great. I now use it on my face shield and windshield. It doesnt build up but leaves the surface static free and makes real easy to get all the dirt and bugs cleaned off. Keeps the grime from hardening on the plastic. Everything else I use Maguires Quick detailer which does basically the same thing on plastic, just don't believe as good as Pledge.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have used pledge on the plastic/plexi glass windows of the UH60 Blackhawk and works great. I now use it on my face shield and windshield. It doesnt build up but leaves the surface static free and makes real easy to get all the dirt and bugs cleaned off. Keeps the grime from hardening on the plastic. Everything else I use Maguires Quick detailer which does basically the same thing on plastic, just don't believe as good as Pledge.
Well if Pledge is good enough for a 6 million dollar aircraft then I guess it is good enough for my $8,000 bike. :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Pledge is Carnauba wax

A custom shop I used to take my bike to 20 years ago used it on my bike and I freaked out !!!:swear:

Till I seen how well it does work :drool:
Now I am still a believer 20 years later :bow:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just started with pledge

This is a photo of a friend i ride with. His goldwing is a 1983 and he has owned it since new. There are a few rock chips in the paint but otherwise it looks almost new. This is no garage princess either. It has over 100K miles on it. I asked him how he kept it so clean and he said he has never waxed or polished it and only washes it once a year. Otherwise he only uses pledge.

I got some the other day and did a small section on my R1 and HOLY CRAP!! I did not know someof the parts were supposed to be that shiny!!

Tomorrow I will be detailing my M109R and from here on my bike will be seeing a lot of pledge. The paint, the hoses, the chrome, the aluminum all look great.

Here is his 1983 Goldwing:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Again,

My can is similar to this / haven't seen the 'Fragrances' here yet.

http://www.pledge.com/multi-surface-aerosol/

NOTE: it won "Cleaner of the Year'' 2010

1 - 16 of 16 Posts