M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 M109 with power commander, gipro, cobra swepts, and everything else is stock. I am using this map from dyno jet M330-011 Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust, Stock air filter

The bike seems to run great however I bought it used so can't say how a new one should feel. I am only averaging approx 30mpg, is this normal? I ride this bike like my M50 and i was getting 48-52 on it. My 4200lb ford escape get 27-28mpg so I would expect a 700lb bike would get better.

Does anyone have a map with similiar configs that I could try or can recommend a different one from dynojet?

Thanks,
Greg :dontknow:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I got 50 on one trip and 49 on another but i was doing 70 the entire way... when i push it more i get around 40-45

·
Registered
41 Posts
Power commander, holley intake kit, Bassanni 2-1, 260 metzeler, I get between 20 and 25 mpg when I'm out for fun, 30 - 35 on easy rides. Stock was getting between 50 and 55 mpg, but who likes stock?:super:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live on a small island, mostly town, 30mpg avrg, on the long hauls 45mpg. like anything else, hot rods like gas, when you pet them they purr when feed them they roar. Twist the wrist!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have none of the mods and configurations that you have, I am running the cobra swepts (no baffle) and K&N air filters and no remaps. I average every tank 45 to 46 mpg riding normal. If I push her hard then I will dip down to around 41 to 42 mpg. If I ride her easy, cruising 55 on the country back roads, I can pull in around 52 mpg. If you are only getting 30mpg then sounds to me like something is wrong somewhere.

G

·
They're using a tuner to dump more fuel into it for that little bit of extra power that a richer mixture will give. At the expense of considerably less mpg. They could lean it down a little and only lose a few ponies and not make it too lean. But hey they can afford the gas, and they don't give a c:edit:p that it's an irresponsible waist of natural resorces and adding to air pollution, they gotta have that last little ineffitient bit of power. They don't care that to get it they have to put out 2 to 3 times more polution. They probably use that power les than 50% of the time while waisting gas and polluting more 100% of the time. one bike making a little more pollution, wasting a little gas, no biggie right, WRONG! Add them all up and it is a big deal. Don't get me wrong, I make power mods to my bikes and cars. But I make the ones that also improve efficiency. This leads to good power increases and better mileage with less polution. Will they beat me in the quarter mile? Probably. Will they beat me to the gas station? Most definatley. But while they're pumpin' gas, I'm ridin' cause that is what the bike is for. If we raced to 500 mi, I'd get there first. So who's really fast?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am all about efficency, thats why the question was posted. I tried to run with just the Cobra Swepts and the bike would hesitate and bog down at certain RPMs. Installed the power commander and the problem vanished. Looking at the PC map for my mods and it shows up to 23% more fuel at around 2000 rpm/20% throttle. The normal cruising RPM (2500-3250) range seems to also use a lot of fuel. It would be so much easier if Suzuki would install O2 sensors to regulate the mixture.

I may try the stock map and see how the bike runs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.