M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a neighbor who is selling a good used riding mower at a decent price? Or a good mower shop to do an egngine transplant for a lawn mower? Trying to avoid buying a new one if at all possible.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my son was mowing, and I believe he failed to check the oil level for quite some time. There appears to be a hole in the engine block, it'd be easier to get photos and let you see it, but it looks like someone shot it.
He claimed that he just went to start it, it turned over and then there was an explosion.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Teenager jeesh,,,,, cant knock him too much he was trying to keep stuff from piling up for me to do. Its a Sentinel with a 12HP B&S motor in it.

just glad it wasnt a car.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dre, You could try Harbor Freight and if you find the right motor, I'll help you swap it out. In the meantime, if the grass is really getting high, I could bring my snapper over and cut it for you. Your son AIN'T gettin on my mower! :joke: John

·
Banned
442 Posts
That's an expensive engine unless you can find one used. New they go for around 350 to 400 bucks. That's probably still going to be cheaper than buying a whole lawnmower though.

Get the model number off the engine plate and post it and we can all look around to see how cheap we can get one for. In the end, you'd probably be better off buying the new motor and putting it in yourself than buying something else. At least then you'll know you have a brand new engine.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
In the mean time get him a push mower ... he will respect the riding mower next time :) . Heck he might even clean it up once in a while . I will look around for you also

·
Registered
209 Posts
You could try Lost mountain Outdoor Power Equipment on New Macland Rd. They usually have some used riding mowers out front. They also do good work. I have used them several times.

In the meantime if you need to borrow a mower, you can use my push mower. I can bring it over in my truck.

Don :doorag:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Dre, You could try Harbor Freight and if you find the right motor, I'll help you swap it out. In the meantime, if the grass is really getting high, I could bring my snapper over and cut it for you. Your son AIN'T gettin on my mower! :joke: John
I have a push mower for back up, but I have been thinking about doing a motor transplant on the old Sentinel.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's an expensive engine unless you can find one used. New they go for around 350 to 400 bucks. That's probably still going to be cheaper than buying a whole lawnmower though.

Get the model number off the engine plate and post it and we can all look around to see how cheap we can get one for. In the end, you'd probably be better off buying the new motor and putting it in yourself than buying something else. At least then you'll know you have a brand new engine.
I'll post the model number just in case, when I get a minute to get out there.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could try Lost mountain Outdoor Power Equipment on New Macland Rd. They usually have some used riding mowers out front. They also do good work. I have used them several times.

In the meantime if you need to borrow a mower, you can use my push mower. I can bring it over in my truck.

Don :doorag:
I'll that now since i'm about to take my lunch break

·
Registered
257 Posts
mower

hey dre...same here. I have a push mower I'm not using at the moment (hav 2).. if you need it, i'll throw it in the truck and bring it up to you.

as far as an engine swap, you could likely just replace the damaged parts and do a rebuild. I've done 3 so far.. they're pretty simple.. I'm sure between me and the other guys around, we could get it going for ya. I've got some garage space too.

·
Banned
442 Posts
as far as an engine swap, you could likely just replace the damaged parts and do a rebuild. I've done 3 so far.. they're pretty simple.. I'm sure between me and the other guys around, we could get it going for ya. I've got some garage space too.
Not with a massive hole in the side of the block housing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.