M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they don't make a fork clamp big enough for mounting my turn signals to the forks so I think I'm going to mount them to the cowl instead. On the side panels and the cowl they use those stupid one shot push pin rivits and man are they a pain to get out. :verymad:

Here's what it looks like inside.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Lamonster said:
On the side panels and the cowl they use those stupid one shot push pin rivits and man are they a pain to get out. :verymad:
Oh NO... I think you have to remove the bottom ones to top off the coolant! :yikes:

I looked at them, and they seem really easy to break. Are replacements available, at say an auto parts store or whatever?
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wanted said:
Oh NO... I think you have to remove the bottom ones to top off the coolant! :yikes:

I looked at them, and they seem really easy to break. Are replacements available, at say an auto parts store or whatever?
I know they make them with a nylon screw so they can be reused. I'll be looking for those at the auto parts store. :confused:
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a box of them that I forgot about. I had to drill out the holes a little bit but at lease now I can take them out without ripping stuff up. ;)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
You can get those pins from the stealer. I have used them for years, so I still have a few. The trick is to push the pin in & you can reuse them. It comes out really easy. I've removed the front turn signals & cut off the bracket ends for a clean look. I'm putting on strip LEDS for the rear & maybe the front.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rxhealer said:
You can get those pins from the stealer. I have used them for years, so I still have a few. The trick is to push the pin in & you can reuse them. It comes out really easy. I've removed the front turn signals & cut off the bracket ends for a clean look. I'm putting on strip LEDS for the rear & maybe the front.
Well that's good to know. I didn't know how they were suppose to come loose. :redfaced:

You got any pics of the front?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
rxhealer said:
You can get those pins from the stealer. I have used them for years, so I still have a few. The trick is to push the pin in & you can reuse them. It comes out really easy. I've removed the front turn signals & cut off the bracket ends for a clean look. I'm putting on strip LEDS for the rear & maybe the front.
They can't come out that easy; otherwise they'd come out on their own, right?

Do you have to twist or pinch them or something? :confused:

I ask because, like Lamont, I tried to take off the bottom ones and gave up because I coulddn't figure out any way to do it without just snapping those fockers off with pliers...  :verymad:
 
G

·
Yep, I've had the side covers off a half a dozen times now and the pins are still like new. Just push the center of the pin in and pull the pin out. I learned this from working on my wifes St1300.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
medic32 said:
ALL YOU DO IS JUST PUSH THE CENTER IN ABOUT 1/8 INCH AND THE POP LOOSE. THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.
Thank you for answering this two month old post. I think we all got it figured out by now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
it only works for the small pins in the pics, not the large ones. any good advice for the larger ones in lamonts hand?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
I'm trying to get the headlight nacelle of for the flex LED install but can't get those large push pins out. Anyone know how without breaking them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
DAJ90 said:
I'm trying to get the headlight nacelle of for the flex LED install but can't get those large push pins out. Anyone know how without breaking them.
Push the middle pin in, then pull the whole thing out. Goes back in the same way.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top