M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving to Spring Hill Florida and currently searching for MC insurance cost. I was quoted $986.00 per year. Is this a true cost for insurance in Florida? I currently live in Massachusetts and can't believe any state is more expensive than Massachusetts. The insurance company is Progressive. Any help would be appreciated. Richard

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have State Farm and have full coverage on both of my 9's and I only pay $360 for each bike thats $720 for the year.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have State Farm and have full coverage on both of my 9's and I only pay $360 for each bike thats $720 for the year.
i think thats my ballpark for allstate...9 & SV650s
oh 4 me &wify of course...:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
$130 A year in WA,,,,,,,,,,, Allstate. I have a couple policies with them and that helps

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input. Do you think age has anything to do with it. I am 63. But a "SAFE" driver. According to my new Florida licence.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I think it has more to do with your insurance company. I"m with State Farm also, and it's $30/ month. $360 a year like swt109 said.

BTW, I just rode through Springhill today with my dad and a few of his buddies. Let us know when you get settled in, and we'll all go riding to welcome you to the neighborhood.:bigthumbsup:

-Josh

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Josh. I will be down for two weeks starting December 20th. But without my 9. It will be torture.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I like State Farm, your cost comes down to coverage. I had my bike insured for $99.00 one year, but it did not cover much and went up the next year.
A word to the wise, if you want to ride without a helmet you need medical insurance. Not exactly sure of the requirements because I always wear a helmet. But did not want you to get a ticket from not knowing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Insurance cost

Currently insured with Allstate for $161.00 per year may go up since I'm changing to 21St Centry for 2 cars saving $400.00 which I'll put toward M/C insurance! Progressive sucks big time, stay away from PROGRESSIVE!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Insurance

I will be moving to Spring Hill Florida and currently searching for MC insurance cost. I was quoted $986.00 per year. Is this a true cost for insurance in Florida? I currently live in Massachusetts and can't believe any state is more expensive than Massachusetts. The insurance company is Progressive. Any help would be appreciated. Richard
It also depends on the kind of coverage, Like limits..Uninsured motorists amount make a big difference. I pay about 900 a year but I have 300,000 of uninsured motorist coverage in case some idiot takes me out. Its hard to compare just by what you pay a year..you need to compare limits
E

·
Registered
9 Posts
I pay $100.00 per year for my 2009 M109. I'm insured with usaa. In Florida, insurance isn't a requirement. However, I will not move my bike without it.:welcome:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just FYI

In case nobody has told you yet, motorcycle Insurance isn't required in the state of Florida. But that's kinda risky IMHO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts