M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

My family and I will be moving to the Dallas-Fort Worth area over the summer. My wife has family near Denton so we're starting to look there. Anyway, I'll be applying for work at several hospitals that have openings for my specialty... So I start my due diligence.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience, either employed or as a patient, in any of the hospitals they'd like to share. I'd like some feedback, opinions, or recommendations to help start my job search. Are some hospitals rundown or in a "bad" neighborhood I should try to avoid???

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Avoid Parkland Hospital exspecially nights and weekends!! You could try Denton Regional Medical Center.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check out cook children's in fort worth, it was voted in the top 100 in the nation of best places to work and it's also 40 minutes south of denton. Google hospital district in fort worth and you'll have about a dozen hospitals to choose from in a 5 mile radius. I'm a little biased about cook children's, i've been there 11 years and couldn't imagine working anywhere else. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses!:D This is the type of feedback I'm looking for. I'd like to plan a trip sometime in the spring to check out the hospitals and get a "feel" for the environments. I want to make the most of my time and not spin my wheels on wasted efforts.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
depends on your line of work and how much of a "challenge" you want but Harris Methodist and JPS (John Peter Smith) in Ft. Worth are level one trauma hospitals so you would see all the carnage from the road accidents and shootings there. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
depends on your line of work and how much of a "challenge" you want but Harris Methodist and JPS (John Peter Smith) in Ft. Worth are level one trauma hospitals so you would see all the carnage from the road accidents and shootings there. :dontknow:
:agree:Level1 hospitals are the way to go for a challenge and to gain a ton of knowledge and experience. I wouldn't want to be a patient at Parkland, but as a medical professional I would definitely consider it.

On the hand, if you want a cush job where they serve patients wine and espresso, I'd say look in Beverly Hills. :joke:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts