M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cover came today.Very simple to install.It is made out of plastic.Looks very good for the money. :doorag:picture is on my frappr

·
Registered
775 Posts
i've thought about ordering one , myself; but, want to wait till someone else tries it and can tell me if it holds and fits good. let me know. and maybe a pic.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Is that rear caliper cover made by Kuryakyn for $29.95?

How does it attach/clamp onto the caliper?

Will it fall off?

Chuck

G

·
It mounts to the caliper with two sided tape. I will tell you that Kuryakyn has mastered the double face tape install. They have been making parts that stick on for years now and some of their stuff once applied has to be pryed off. I have some items on my Goldwing from them with heat activated 2 sided tape that are on so good you would think they were super glued.

It is the Kuryakyn one. Hal has them on his website now. He is discounting them lower than Kuryakyn's suggested retail price. Felix e-mailed me pictures this evening of his installed and told me it was a pretty straight forward install. He know of my chrome addiction. :p

·
Registered
326 Posts
Here's some better install pics:
It's held on by 2 large double sided tape sections.

Clean off the caliper, pull off the protective cover on the double sided tape and stick cover on. Press firmly for 1 min.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
can you still get to all the neccessary bolts to work on the brakes, if need be? or would it have to be removed?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would guess what you consider "neccessary". I would say that you would want to pull it off for any rear brake work. After all it is plastic plated chrome and brake fluid will eat through anything. There is a hole for bleeding the brakes but it's pretty low compared to the cover.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I took a die grinder and ground the letters off the outer surface of the caliper so the double sided tape would stick better. Instead of just sticking to the raised portion of the letters. The cover looks great and was easy to install. I also ordered the bleeder and banjo bolt covers, they attach with little allen set screws.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Felix...... Go to "KURYAKYN" web site and do a search on BLEEDER COVER.

·
Registered
363 Posts
got mine yesterday . i like it ,easy install just peel and stick :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts