M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from my ride to the mountains, it was a great trip! Found a few new roads, some I had read about, others I just saw on the computer and had to give a try,
Here are the ones I found that are worth riding, Charahalla, oldie but goody, the dragon except it is still closed on the Tennessee side so you have to back and forth. Warrior Woman Rd. Awesome rd to ride, goes out of Clayton towards the Highlands. Wayah Rd. Very cool, tool some pics of this road, will post them up later, it runs from 64 just west of Franklyn to 19 near Robbinsville.
Betty Creek Rd, nice road, gets very technical in the middle, look for sand and gravel on the road.
There were more, some I just found and don't remember the names, others you have to take to get to these, all are fun.
If you want better directions to any just let me know and I will help out
1400 miles in 5 days, I might need a week to recover. most of it in the twisties.
Sad thing is I still have about a 1/4 inch chicken stripe. Old age and not being immortal have caught up with me.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun bro! Don't worry about those chicken strips, I've finally figured out it's not how fast you get there but how much fun you have doing it. :D

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Wow 1400 miles in 5 days on twisties,awesome..!!..you riding on gel or foam?that could not have been on stock seat..:bow:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stock seats, my buddy was on a V-Strom and had a hard time with the new seat. I didn't do too bad, legs felt like rubber when I got home.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Glad you guys had an awesome trip and made it back safely but I am even more sorry we missed you guys!!! You definitely hit some awesome roads up there, most of those are roads that we ride all the time and take for granite. We haven't ridden them in a while just so we can appreciate them even more the next time were in that area again.

Side note the Road you are referring to as Warrior Woman Road is actually Warwoman Road. :bigthumbsup:

How was Wayah Road? It is an awesome road with some great scenery but every time we have ridden it and even the times I have been on it in the car it usually has a good bit of gravel through out the length of the ride?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Charahalla....Warrior Woman Rd....Franklyn
:eek:.........(Cherohala, Warwoman Rd, Franklin) :joke:

Just messin' with you. You rode some awesome roads in some beautiful areas. :bigthumbsup:

How was Wayah Road? It is an awesome road with some great scenery but every time we have ridden it and even the times I have been on it in the car it usually has a good bit of gravel through out the length of the ride?
I wondered that myself. I think parts of the road are good and other parts are not so good. I wanted to ride the whole rd. myself on the bike from Hwy 64 to Hwy 74. I think there's a YouTube bike video of that road that I've seen before.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was awesome! the only road I found any significant amount of sand and gravel was Betty Creek.
The really sucky part is that all the pics I took that day came out white, solid white! This has never happened before. I even took another picture with the camera afterword and it works fine. Who know? Maybe it's the ghost of Wayah Rd. LOL

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I admit I got some things wrong, But at least I know how to pronounce Dahlonega! Duh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.