M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the leader is Yellowwolf who just did Deals Gap for 24 hours. He did 1,000 miles on Deals Gap and he got it done in 8 minutes short of 24 hours.

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:49 pm Post subject: THE 24 HRS OF DEALS GAP!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the hardest thing i have ever done!!

106 one way runs,store to overlook and back

ran 12:30's to 13:30's for the whole 24 hrs

not one bike problem,dirty now is all!

took one 10 min break,one 7 min break and the rest were gas and go

was told by many it was not possible and surely not on a wing,lol

thanks for the hepl these guys and gals put in,without them it would not happened!!!

hog,mcmom,wimpy honda

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is an E-mail sent out by the Iron Butt Association:

Here is an email sent out to IBA members regarding the ride. While not "official" the recognition is there.

Deals Gap - 1,000 miles, 33,708 corners in 24 hours!

Although we want to stress, due to the fact that this ride **requires** a pace above the posted speed limits for the entire time (unlike the NYC-1000 and DC-1000 routing that allowed an average near 50 mph) and as such, we will not offer it as an IBA ride, it is newsworthy for the long distance world. On that note...

Rick Pepin has completed 106 laps (a little over 1,000 miles) riding, of all things, a Honda Gold Wing (GL1800) on a very winding road the locals call "The Tail of the Dragon".

This ride was completley documented to the highest standards and there is no doubt he did it!

Wow!

Mike

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
1000 miles in 24 hours on the Dragon....

....bet Killboy got tired of posting the same pics, over & over & over....

Heck of a feat. 40mph on it would be about 960 miles in 24 hours (40x24 = 960)....faster than I'd want to average on the whole route. :)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Having run the Gap a number of time, I have to say that 1,000 mile run in just under 24 hours is just amazing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts