M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ahh man, I hate to learn news like that. You gotta feel bad for him and his family, for what they must be going through. Poor fellow.

:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
To add to the sad news, I just saw this story in my Noon News Headlines email from my local TV station. Y'all please be careful out there.

Brothers Die In Crashes On Same Road, Same Night

POSTED: 10:44 am EDT August 7, 2006

BUTLER, Pa. -- A double tragedy has impacted a Pennsylvania family.

Two brothers were killed in separate motorcycle accidents on the same road within two hours of each other on Saturday, authorities said. One was headed to the scene of his brother's accident.

Steven Kerr, 37, died shortly before 9 p.m. when his motorcycle crashed into a speed limit sign on state Route 38, state police said.

Less than two hours later and about 100 yards away, 29-year-old Jeremy Kerr, was fatally injured when his 2004 Suzuki crashed into the rear of a vehicle stopped in traffic because emergency crews were still on the scene of his brother's accident, police said.

Police said Jeremy Kerr was speeding and not wearing a helmet as he headed for the scene of his brother's accident.

The occupants of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries, police said.

Randy Kerr said that his brother Jeremy was buying his motorcycle from Steven, who had received it in a will from a friend who died in a crash on the same bike, according to the Pittsburg Tribune Review.

Steven Kerr was married, and Jeremy Kerr was divorced. Jeremy was the father of two girls, ages 9 and 5. A fund to help Jeremy Kerr's daughters has been set up at the Farmers National Bank under the name of Nancy Kerr -- the mother of the men.

Fund Information:

Farmers National Bank
207 S. Washington St.
PO Box E
Eau Claire, PA 16030
Phone: 724-791-2591

·
Registered
178 Posts
NCEdElliott said:
To add to the sad news, I just saw this story in my Noon News Headlines email from my local TV station. Y'all please be careful out there.

Brothers Die In Crashes On Same Road, Same Night

POSTED: 10:44 am EDT August 7, 2006

BUTLER, Pa. -- A double tragedy has impacted a Pennsylvania family.

Two brothers were killed in separate motorcycle accidents on the same road within two hours of each other on Saturday, authorities said. One was headed to the scene of his brother's accident.

Steven Kerr, 37, died shortly before 9 p.m. when his motorcycle crashed into a speed limit sign on state Route 38, state police said.

Less than two hours later and about 100 yards away, 29-year-old Jeremy Kerr, was fatally injured when his 2004 Suzuki crashed into the rear of a vehicle stopped in traffic because emergency crews were still on the scene of his brother's accident, police said.

Police said Jeremy Kerr was speeding and not wearing a helmet as he headed for the scene of his brother's accident.

The occupants of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries, police said.

Randy Kerr said that his brother Jeremy was buying his motorcycle from Steven, who had received it in a will from a friend who died in a crash on the same bike, according to the Pittsburg Tribune Review.

Steven Kerr was married, and Jeremy Kerr was divorced. Jeremy was the father of two girls, ages 9 and 5. A fund to help Jeremy Kerr's daughters has been set up at the Farmers National Bank under the name of Nancy Kerr -- the mother of the men.

Fund Information:

Farmers National Bank
207 S. Washington St.
PO Box E
Eau Claire, PA 16030
Phone: 724-791-2591
Dang man....makes me think that bike must have some kind of curse on it....that or it has serious bad luck attached to it.

I DO NOT want to hear about anyone on here getting hurt or killed, so please be careful out there everyone. I know it's hot as Hades for most of us, but that's not a good reason to not wear your safety gear when riding.

Please be careful out there!! :doorag:

G

·
Tank slapper at 90mph!!! :eek: wow I didn't think that was possible, then 2 brothers same road. Not a good start to the week. :( be safe, check your bikes before you ride.

·
Registered
525 Posts
That is incredibly sad. Oh, to be the father of those two boys, would probably be more than I could bear.

·
Registered
326 Posts
metric man said:
I've had my 109 up to 120+ and it feels very stable. what causes tank slap, and has anyone felt the 109 start to slap??
Don't quote me on this but basically:
Tank Slap - ("Went over the bump and the front went into a bit of a tank slap!") :The violent side to side motion of the handlebars.

Typically when the front wheel comes off the ground and then resits back down not quite straight. Typically controlled on sport bikes with a steering dampner (shock mounted to the bar and frame to minimize the push)

G

·
It is always sad to see people pass before their time, but everytime we leave our homes, it could be our last. I never leave the house without first kissing my wife and daughter and telling them I love them. I am not a cynic or manic, but a realist. We never know when that ride could be our last. Our CMA chapter was going through Butler yesterday and heard about the bizarre situation with the two brothers. Man, what an unbelievable set of circumstances. Prayers going out for them tonight.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Bruno said:
It is always sad to see people pass before their time, but everytime we leave our homes, it could be our last. I never leave the house without first kissing my wife and daughter and telling them I love them. I am not a cynic or manic, but a realist. We never know when that ride could be our last. Our CMA chapter was going through Butler yesterday and heard about the bizarre situation with the two brothers. Man, what an unbelievable set of circumstances. Prayers going out for them tonight.
I read the same story today online...something about 2 brothers being killed on the same road...within 100 yards....and within an hour of eachother . I want to say that the second one heard of his brothers accident and was rushing to the scene and crashed into a sign...and thus was killed.

Very sad story !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts