M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Since I will riding often in the montreal-ottawa area, was wondering if any of you know how long I can do it on my venezuelan license? which province is cheaper for taxes and insurance and easier to get the license quebec or ontario? and where are there more 9 ownersthat belong to the forum

·
Registered
445 Posts
For my M109R Plates in Quebec cost $638.00 & about $400.00 for insurance
I guy I know from Ontario says plates are $88.00 & insurance will cost you around $600.00 (He's got a ZX10)

For a ZX10 in Quebec plates are around $1200.00
their F%#**# crazy over here

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
MC licence

Ontario,all the way...for everything except ballet dancers;)..as far as riding on your Venezuelan licence???Don't know..but what I do know is if you have loud pipes the Quebec coppers will get u faster:evil:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I guess that clears everything. getting a 9 to have in canada . Have a house in south mountain and my son lives in Lasalle. i guess south mountain will be the place where I will keep it..Thanks. Any recommendations as to insurance? where to get the best and cheaper one?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and where is simpler to get the license ? ontario or quebec?

·
Registered
52 Posts
first thing id check on in quebec, is if they have graduated licencing, and if you can just do a test without going through the steps, in Ontario if you have to do all the steps, thats a learners for 60 days b4 you can do your next test, then your next stage, you must have for i believe 2 yrs b4 you can do your final test to get a full licence

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
"M1" written test only, good for 60 days, No night time riding or 400 series HWY'S, or passengers/zero tolerance. M2 riders weekend course good for a maximum of 5 years,can ride anytime,anywhere with a passenger/zero tolerance, minimum of 18 months before you can do your final road test for your full "M" :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys. Since I will riding often in the montreal-ottawa area, was wondering if any of you know how long I can do it on my venezuelan license? which province is cheaper for taxes and insurance and easier to get the license quebec or ontario? and where are there more 9 ownersthat belong to the forum
Here is the link to MTO, this will answer all your questions.

http://www.drivetest.ca/en/license/License.aspx

·
Registered
300 Posts
any thoughts on why it is so involved to get a motorcycle endorsement and high cost to register and insure just curious, is there a high accident number?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
any thoughts on why it is so involved to get a motorcycle endorsement and high cost to register and insure just curious, is there a high accident number?
Because way back when , folks where getting bike license and couldn't even hold them up, let alone ride on the streets with me, LOL. Here is WA Insurance on bikes isn't mandatory, it's a choice.

In AZ 1st time I got one, I took the written and when I went up to the counter to setup the driving part, She asked. How long you been riding? I said,,,,,,,,,,,All my life, She gave me my license and out the door I went. No driving part at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts