M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody :D for those looking for something to cover the bike but don't want to spend $70 plus on a Guardian ,I found this cheap alternative at Wally World!
it's only $19.95  and is perfect to keep the dust off your Bike,it's really light which I like ,has the heat Resistant lower panel,Non-scratch Material,Two Tie down straps and comes with it's own storage bag that has a strap to hold it to your bike!
I bought the Guardian before for my GSXR 1000 but it was heavy and got old pulling it over the bike it was Heavy Duty,but I just wanted something to Keep the dust out of my Big Air so I could ride it to work,this fit's the bill perfect!!!
It's super light and doesn't look cheap and easy to put on so if you girlfriend or wife wants her sheets back like mine :D you might want to check it out,for a twenty you can't beat it!!!
the one I got is made by WOLF automotive,and at that price I'll be getting another one so I can leave it at work and not carry it back and forth.
Size XL    Later silentrider

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wal Mart :D  or super wal mart :D :doorag:

You can't go wrong I was surprised it looked so good on the bike!
fit's pretty durn good and has two belly clips to keep it from blowing off!
super light,just right!I got tired of that Heavy arse guardian,and gave it to my friend when he bought my GSXR 1000 :bigthumbsup: it was like stretching a piece of canvase over the bike :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know this might not be for the "broke-ass" people JR mentioned in prevoius threads, but I had something similar to this and it made life a whole lot easier and protects the bike really well. My bike barn, this was the brand I had, did not have a floor to it, so water would run under it and get trpped.

This would be a great system either for all year round protection.

http://www.cycleshell.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please Do not Use My post to take Jab's at My Friend JR :bigthumbsup: I am In the JR & Perry Fan club thank you :D NO reply Please :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

And the Bike cover is about simplicity, for people on the run!I don't have time when i go to work to put up no pup tent :D

At The mill I work at we burn Bark in the power Department and the ash is very fine and if the wind is right it covers everything with a powder like dust,this cover is to keep that dust out of my K&N filters on my Big Air :bigthumbsup:
it's Fast and easy the way i like it! I just wanted to share it with ya"ll :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm thinking she's probably worth more than a normal bike cover Perry... Damn sure better looking than a normal one! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If my girl was laying on my bike BIG STUFF would be all over Her :evil: Now you got me thinking Impure thoughts :D let me go see what sweet things doing :evil:

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you guys garage it use a full size mattress cover with the elastic ends and it covers it up pretty good, keeps the dust off.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I bought one of those covers for my 109 at Wal-Mart. I used it to cover the bike when I trailered it from CA to AZ in August. Unfortunately I bought the XL though, and since it didn't fit very tight around the bike, the wind destroyed it. But I figured for 20 bucks it really didn't matter. But for 20 bucks it is a pretty decent cover. I'm getting ready to buy another one.

·
Registered
535 Posts
You mention that you use it when you ride to work. I'm guessing heat is not an issue when you hop off and throw the cover on? If that is the case, I may look for one of these too.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No heat is an issue!!! I walk back out and cover it up after I figure it has cooled down!
The XL I bought is easy to throw over the bike and super Light but being an XL the heat strip they put in them is Below the Exhaust a little,But I love how easy it is to put on and take off!
these Covers are super thin,Great for dust etc... Dust getting into the small places and having to clean it daily is my main concern,But the hot Exhaust would Burn threw it In a New York Minute! If you got the Large it may put the Heat shield piece in them in the right place to cover it sooner, But I like the XL and how It covers the bike all the way around and to the Ground!You can throw it on and Snatch it off Fast convenient the Way i like it :bigthumbsup: Later Silentrider

Hope this Helps Ya  :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts