M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a motorcycle cover. Which covers do you recommend?

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you just need a dust cover then wal-mart has one that is on $20 and the XL size fits great. I cant help you out with a all wheather one but some one will.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I have one that was purchased from a cycle shop about eight years ago. Kind of a silver color with heat vents built in. I have used it outside at work, and mostly in the garage during the long winter months. Also to keep grandson from finger-pringting the heck out of the beast. It works well and has done no harm to the finish, although I do dust it off before throwing the cover over it. It also has retaining straps at the front and rear wheel, and directly under the center.

·
xxx
210 Posts
I'm in the market for a motorcycle cover. Which covers do you recommend?
I picked up the Dowco - Guardian Ultralite Plus Cover. The Large size fits really well over the Rifle fairing and a backrest. Straps on securely but probably not the best if you'll be leaving her in a heavy rain all night.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have the one from Walmart, yes Walmart of all places, of the grades of qualitys they have its the best one and its made for crusers and it comes in black, its thick, water repelant and fits great. If I remember its around 45 to 50 dollars. it works killer. In fact, I bought one for all 4 of my bikes. PS It's like a portable garage, when Im not able to park in my garage, IE. taking Motorhome out and parking bikes next to it when out in it.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Suzuki Genuine Accessories Boulevard Dust Cover - All Boulevard Models picked it up at the local suzuki dealer
:agree:Thats a good one. And Nelson Riggs makes very nice ones as well, and many different ones. Depending on where your keeping your bike, while it's covered. In many price ranges.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Picked one up off ebay for 10 dollars plus shipping. It's a basic dust cover and does the job for indoors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I picked the MotoGear cover from walmart. It does the job perfectly and its waterproof. Believe it was about 45 dollars.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I picked the MotoGear cover from walmart. It does the job perfectly and its waterproof. Believe it was about 45 dollars.
yes, thats the name and I :agree::agree:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
I have a Dowco Guardian Weatherall, I think it's the regular and not the Plus model. I leave the old Sportster outside during the summer and cover it with it since I don't have room for it in my storage building. It does a great job. It keeps the water off and also has aluminized panels inside so it doesn't melt on exhausts. I've had it for 3 or 4 years and it still looks like new.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I have the walmart XL and on a windy day, the front always tucks up under the rear fender. If I don't actually take a ratchet strap around the seat, the whole cover will end up blowing up and looking like a parachute.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What size did you get? Are you using it outdoors, and does it flap around in the wind? I have been looking for good fitting ones for this upcoming season.
I bought the XL. The entire bottom of the cover is elastic and fits snug around the entire bike. I keep my bike in the garage, but I couldn't imagine the wind would cause it to flap around.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I bought the XL. The entire bottom of the cover is elastic and fits snug around the entire bike. I keep my bike in the garage, but I couldn't imagine the wind would cause it to flap around.
Ok thanks. I will probably go pick up 2 of them then. The walmart ones are elastic, but for whatever reason, they aren't heavy and allow wind underneath. The tie string that goes across the bottom to hold it is pretty bad as well. We keep the bikes in a garage during the winter, but not during the riding season. We live in a townhouse so it really isn't an option.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all of the replies, everybody. I just moved to Pensacola and will be living on base for now, so I'm going to have to keep my bike outside. I may end up renting one of those self storage units depending on the price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts