Discussion Starter · #1 ·
top speed 127.9
1/4 mile [email protected] 114.91mph
0-60 3.65
0-100 8.87
60-0 135.4'
power to wieght ratio 1:7.26
speed @ 65 indicated 60.2

there bike only dyno'ed out at 104.8 hp and 97.2 ft lb of torque.

not bad #'s boy's sure looks better than that euro chart in the other post!!!!

G

·
WOW! Those numbers are good for rwhp and torque. Thanks for the post

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that new fancy mod with the resistor would take a few 10th's of it too!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
sixtsix mike said:
I would think that new fancy mod with the resistor would take a few 10th's of it too!!
I'm doing the mod Tueswday. That's when I'll have the parts and time.
I'm sure you're right about shaving a bit more off the times.
Jer

·
Registered
752 Posts
Here are the numbers thet Motorcycle Consumer News posted off of the VRSCR Street Rod

0-60 4.25
0-100 9.57
0-1/4 mile 12.07 @114.81
Top Speed 133.7

Hp 102.2
Trq 68.4

·
Registered
817 Posts
Gee... looks like the M109R DOES beat the Rod in the quarter. This should put an end to that argument.

Actually, I am quite pleasantly surprised with 11.6 on a stock bike. Should be able to get it into the 10s fairly easily.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Motorcyclist got 11.31 at 115 in the quarter on a V-Rod.

I wonder if MCN is slow or had a bad V-Rod?

I wonder if Motorcyclist will drop that much time off of the M109?

·
Registered
817 Posts
L-Train said:
Motorcyclist got 11.31 at 115 in the quarter on a V-Rod.

I wonder if MCN is slow or had a bad V-Rod?

I wonder if Motorcyclist will drop that much time off of the M109?
Wasn't this for the Destroyer V-Rod? I remember some magazine had published numbers for the Destroyer, which of course is not a street-legal machine.

A 0.7 second difference between two different testers on the same bike seems like a lot.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Nope. Motorcyclist was just the standard V-Rod. However I think Kent Kunitsu of Sport Rider does a lot of their acceleration tests and he goes like a bat out of hell.

If we find another publication that has tested both we will know for sure.

We know that MCN says we are quicker in the quarter and that's a start.

The "Wheelie Wire" mod has to give us a few tenths too.

G

·
Thats cool!From the begining I felt and said it was a good 11.70 80's bike stock....better than I had hoped for....11.60's ...yep thats a keeper... :D next the limiter mode, a couple of tenths?HEHEHEHEHE.... :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
bad109 said:
how come everywhere i look i keep seein' adds claiming 127h.p.?
127 is the factory rating taken at the crank. Vmax was rated 145hp from the factory and usually made about 110-118 at the wheel. Hayabusa is rated 175 and puts 155-160 to the wheel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
sixtsix mike said:
top speed  127.9
1/4 mile   [email protected]   114.91mph
0-60Â Â Â Â Â Â 3.65
0-100Â Â Â Â Â 8.87
60-0Â Â Â Â Â Â 135.4'
power to wieght ratio  1:7.26
speed @ 65 indicated  60.2

there bike only dyno'ed out at 104.8 hp  and   97.2 ft lb of torque.

not bad #'s boy's  sure looks better than that euro chart in the other post!!!!
Those are definetley some good numbers. Better than I was expecting. Seems there dyno and the real dyno (the timing clock) don't quite agree. Should be showing a little more HP/TQ given the time and speed.

I too am interested in seeing what a pro rider can get out of it stock. It would be particulalary good to see the 109 and V-Rod run and compared on the same day, same track, same rider(s).

It's looking pretty good so far :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tek5 said:
WHEELIE WIRE MOD  That was good! L-train :a20: :clap2:
I know from experience that after you do the mod its gonna definitely drop that time . I have done this same mod on all my GSXR MOTORCYCLES and none of them have even come close to responding to ditching the ignition retards like the 109. I think In the first three gears you feel this mod more so than any exhaust or intake mods . I think the stock exhaust is more efficient than we believe, I think the SIDEBURNER BY HARD KROME IS GONNA MAKE MAYBE 7 OR 8 MORE HP THAN STOCK SYSTEM UNMODIFIED. I have drilled out my stock system and disabled the set valve and that helped,I modified the stock air cleaners so they have almost no restriction and richened the fuel mixture with a resistor across the IAT SENSOR .Everyone of these mods has helped a small percentage but I bet if lamonster does the mod that on the DYNO HE WILL SEE THE BIGGEST GAINS IN POWER FROM THE IGNITION RETARD MOD. THE ONLY THING IS HE HAS TO DO THE dyno RUN IN 1ST , 2ND OR 3RD ,WERE THEY ARE DONE NORMALLY IN 4TH. I consistently run my 109 through a (approximately 1/8 mile and always barely made 100 mph in the country by my house. After the mod I consistently gained 7 to 8 mph over that .I have never seen gains like this on any of my sport bikes and am very impressed. Dyno runs help but you cant really guess 1/4 mile times when the 1st three gears are mainly what you will be using to achieve the 1/4 mile. On my GSXR 1000 WHEN I PUT MY FULL SYSTEM PIPE ON , IT WAS WORTH ALMOST 10 HP ON A BIKE THAT 400 POUNDS WET .This bike wet is over 700. After a 10 hp increase on my sportbike it was noticeable but nothing to wright about. The 109 feels like it made a much bigger gain than my sportbike did with a 10 hp gain. Don't know what that equates to on a 700 pound bike but if you can feel it then its allot. Look at the numbers above , its the torque making this bike run that 1/4 mile above .A 700 pound bike wont normally run almost mid 11s on 100 horspower, compare it to other bikes . This bike even at max horspower has lots of torque to make it keep accelerating thru the 1/4 mile. MY GUESS WITH BOLT ONS AND IGNITION RETARDS GONE ,190 POUND RIDER IS 11.0 TO 11.2 IN THE 1/4 MILE. I weigh 195 and used to riding 9 second 1/4 mile sportbikes , we will seeee what happens .

·
Registered
77 Posts
iL Medico said:
It would be particulalary good to see the 109 and V-Rod run and compared on the same day, same track, same rider(s).
A swedish bike mag will do that. It's in the stores next week, and I will post the results. I'm fairly certain that the V-Rod will win though. Same HP and much lighter bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wanted said:
Wasn't this for the Destroyer V-Rod?
The Destroyer is a 9 second machine, albeit not a street machine.

·
Registered
817 Posts
maniac m109r said:
I think the stock exhaust is more efficient than we believe...
Yes, exactly -- I've always thought that too! I know some guys are always anxious to get rid of the stock exhaust on any new bike, no matter what. However, I know a ton of reesearch went into these pipes. I'm thinking folks who are expecting huge dyno gains from aftermarket exhausts are gonna be somewhat disappointed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts