M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vrod vs Hammer vs Warrior vs Meanstreak vs Vmax

..... I don't get it. I mean... they've done the rod vs warrior thing and even one grouped including those and the warrior I believe... but why no 109? Why no vtx F? that would have been interesting. oh well...

reading now...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It struck me as odd too that they did not include the VTX, Rocket III, and our beloved M. Oh well, we all know which is the best don't we? :p

·
Registered
890 Posts
toneout said:
It struck me as odd too that they did not include the VTX, Rocket III, and our beloved M. Oh well, we all know which is the best don't we? :p
I really don't think the Rocket III belongs in that group the VTX and the M yeah...both are V-twins the Rocket III is a...well...friggin rocket! JMHO

Devilish

·
Registered
702 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
Vrod vs Hammer vs Warrior vs Meanstreak vs Vmax

..... I don't get it. I mean... they've done the rod vs warrior thing and even one grouped including those and the warrior I believe... but why no 109? Why no vtx F? that would have been interesting. oh well...

reading now...
So tell us MOFOs who have not yet subscribed :joke: the verdict in the article.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I commented to them on that .....was all excited when I saw the title and then......no M109R!

Mean Streak 62 rwhp , Warrior 78 rwhp , Hammer 82 rwhp , Street Rod 107 rwhp , V Max 115 rwhp ...... all fair numbers. Usual comments , Not so Mean Streak is a nice bike in need of about 40+ more rwhp , good brakes, nice price. Warrior, well rounded , very torquey motor, great brakes, good handling and decent price. Hammer , high quality , decent power, great looks, pricey. Streat Rod ,very good all around bike in every way (not really a cruiser though, it is a naked or standard bike) pricey. VMax , excellent power, old , cheap....where is the new one?

That is basically it in a nutshell. They went on and on about this being a POWER cruiser test .....to me that should have included everything over 85 rwhp.....Rocket III, M109R, Night Rod/V Rod, Vulc 2K, VTX C, Roadliner oh yeah and mad Max (V Max).

I generally really like Motorcycle.com but this test was pretty lame.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The vrod... and in the present company I totally agree.. its the street rod flavor so its more standard than cruiser but alas a great bike. Dyno'd at 107, handled great etc and the price was better than the victory. Victory = great bike but darn too much money IMO.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Most all of the articles on our 109's have been from the intro early in the year out at Kevin Schwantz's ranch , no actual numbers. Only real tests I know of are the MCN test and last months Motorcycle Cruiser (though no dyno numbers and they were touringwith the bikes and naturally didnt think the 109 was best at that, what a shocker.

I guess now about the only test to wait for would be Cycle World and Motorcycle-USA.com, they will have dyno numbers and real tests this year hopefully.

:dontknow:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Shriker said:
I guess now about the only test to wait for would be Cycle World and Motorcycle-USA.com, they will have dyno numbers and real tests this year hopefully.

:dontknow:
Did my own testing and this bike ROCKS :bigthumbsup: don't need a magazine to tell me that. :doorag:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Lamonster said:
Did my own testing and this bike ROCKS :bigthumbsup: don't need a magazine to tell me that. :doorag:
+1 amen brother :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts