1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I hate all of those wires & plugs going everywhere! :edit: :verymad:

When is someone going to make one that is bluetooth compatable so the driver and/or rider can listen to tunes & comunicate with each other? :dontknow:

Cell phones do this, why not radio/com units???? :dontknow:

Also make it a 12 Volt system so you could run it off the bikes electrical system. Use penlights or some type of long running rechargable battery in the headsets. :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

G

·
It's out there. Called Starcomm. Not wireless though.

http://www.starcom1.com/two-way_radios.htm

Unit is about the size of a credit card, hooks up to your battery, can mount under the seat. Can provide you with bike to bike, intercom, bluetooth, hook up your mp3, CD player, GPS, and more.

Also saw that Nolan just released a helmet with all the above goodies integrated into the helmet without all the stuff (like the chatterbox unit) hanging off the unit. Pretty cool looking. Was on the back page of this month's Rider magazine. No price listed, but I am sure it has to be $$$$.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That Starcom1 Kit C says it "meets budget requirements" and that it has a 3/2 mile range. I take that to mean 1.5 miles. :dontknow:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think I'll stick with my Chatterbox GMRS-X1. The J&M thing is $169 and all the cables and other stuff comes separate. With my Chatterbox I got it for $200 and it came with everything I needed, even a push to talk button I could mount. So far in the numerous trips that the wife and I have taken both our Chatterboxes have never failed one single time.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I hate all of those wires & plugs going everywhere!

When is someone going to make one that is bluetooth compatable so the driver and/or rider can listen to tunes & comunicate with each other?
i've done quite a bit of research and correspondance on this subject. companies say there will be stereo bluetooth devices for helmets hitting the market in spring. there is only one system available currently, and that's the BMW system 5 helmets. they are not available in the USA, and costs something silly like $1400.

starcom kits are NOT STEREO. all the bluetooth kits made for bikes currently available are only for 1 ear (cell phone type mono).

on the subject, i just recieved my first BT stereo headset. i can wear it with a half helmet as is (it uses a neck brace, not top of head), but i'm going to get a hole saw this weekend and mount it in my 3/4 helmet so it's permanent. slap the player on a radar detector mount and off i go.

i think the "ideal system" will be the garmin zumo 550 gps. it has a built in mp3 player, as well as optional satellite radio. cool thing is it's supposed to have NATIVE A2DP support (the rare bluetooth protocol that supports stereo headsets). it's built specifically for motorcycles (with left hand buttons, weather resistant). it's due to be released some time this month.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You're like a thread necomancer raising the dead again

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts