M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Probably another case of an idiot cager.....

My older sister just sent this to me, Doug was her classmate in HS and his wife Debbie one of her best friends.......
Thoughts and prayers to Debbie and Doug their families

Here is a link to the initial accident report
http://www.in.gov/portal/news_events/57324.htm

Sorry.. that was the initial report... I had other emails....Doug passed away from his injuries....

USHS 1972 classmate Doug Barth died Thursday, September 9 of injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident near Indianapolis that occurred Wednesday morning. His wife Debbie was injured.
Delay is due to the fact that Debbie is still hospitalized in Indianapolis.
Visitation for Douglas M. Barth will be Friday September 24 2010 from 2-5 & 7-9 p.m. at the funeral home. Funeral Services will be held Saturday September 25 2010 at 10:30 a.m. at Pinnington-McComb Funeral & Cremation Services 502 N. Main Street Auburn

http://www.in.gov/portal/news_events/57324.htm

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
No doubt it was the cager! :pray::pray:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am so sorry.. We are praying for them.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Actually that was a few days ago. Go figure that they never follow up on the causes of such accidents around here--as far as reporting their findings. That location is actually about 4 min from my house. Terrible! We will see how the state police handle this one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Terrible....

Hope these guys make a full and complete recovery,must have been a very very scary moment,we have to wear Helmets here and gotta say when you hear bad news like this im glad they make us wear them....

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Thoughts and prayers with the family.

Just wonder what the minivan driver was doing besides attempting to drive. There is no valid reason for clipping any other driver on the road other than not paying attention.

tuta97, most of us are cagers at one point or another. Main difference is we are more aware of 2 wheelers than people who've never driven one on the road.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Indianapolis, IN- This morning, at 9:51a.m., Indiana State Police responded to a motorcycle/car crash on I-65 NB at the 102.8 mm, just south of Southport Road.

Preliminary investigation revealed that Douglas M. Barth, 56, and Debra J. Barth, 55; both of Auburn, IN was riding a 2009 BMW motorcycle northbound on I-65 at the 102.8 mm. The motorcycle was in the center lane of three.

Robert Borders, 45, of Brownsburg, IN was operating a 2000 Dodge mini-van NB behind the motorcycle and for an undetermined cause at this time, struck the rear of the motorcycle with the left front of the mini-van. Both riders were ejected and the motorcycle came to rest in the center lane approximately 300 north of impact.

The motorcyclists were transported to Methodist Hospital. Douglas Barth had severe injuries and Debra Barth had wrist and leg injuries. Helmets were not in use.

Borders was not injured.

An Indiana State Police Crash Reconstructionists is assisting and the investigation is ongoing.

Investigating Officers: Senior Trooper Mike Meinczinger, Senior Trooper Jeff Woodward and Sergeant Greg Anslow, Indiana State Police.

Assisting Agencies: Indianapolis Fire Department and Indiana Department of Transportation.

they will be in my thoughts. but i think the outcome could have been different possibly.....
gear up guys and be safe!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Why don't people just wake up and live life with the thought that there ARE other people on the planet! I'm very sorry to hear of the fatality. His wife and kids are going to be devastated and may never fully recover. I pray for the strength they are going to need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
daughter of riders

thank you all for your sincere posts! my dad was the world to me and my mother and will be with us in spirit forever.
I would like to inform you ALL that my parents were not novelists, they were veteran responsible defensive riders for well over 20 years. they would plan their summers for trips across the united states and canada. THEY ALWAYS WORE THEIR HELMETS and bike jackets with the kevlar(sp) protection and my mother still had road rash on her from where the jacket was shredded. The media outlets were very misinformed i have the helmets, my mom wouldnt have a face had it not been for hers, on the other hand my father hit the guardrail at such force it cracked the back of his helmet and the trauma was just too much for his brain to handle. i believe strongly that helmets should always be worn and my father would say no different even with this tragic outcome. my mom is certain that dad saw the van coming and was trying to maneuver the bike to get away..everything just happened so fast. they rarely ever ride super highways they love the scenic views of back roads with curves and hills. No one can really explain what happened..but may my father rest in peace......

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thank you all for your sincere posts! my dad was the world to me and my mother and will be with us in spirit forever.
I would like to inform you ALL that my parents were not novelists, they were veteran responsible defensive riders for well over 20 years. they would plan their summers for trips across the united states and canada. THEY ALWAYS WORE THEIR HELMETS and bike jackets with the kevlar(sp) protection and my mother still had road rash on her from where the jacket was shredded. The media outlets were very misinformed i have the helmets, my mom wouldnt have a face had it not been for hers, on the other hand my father hit the guardrail at such force it cracked the back of his helmet and the trauma was just too much for his brain to handle. i believe strongly that helmets should always be worn and my father would say no different even with this tragic outcome. my mom is certain that dad saw the van coming and was trying to maneuver the bike to get away..everything just happened so fast. they rarely ever ride super highways they love the scenic views of back roads with curves and hills. No one can really explain what happened..but may my father rest in peace......
Angela, again my prayers go out to your family and thank you for taking time to let us know more about your parents and the accident.....as this accident does involve friends of my family. Reports don't always have everything right.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts