M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a motor/trans for this bike? I'd like to find one already in running condition to do a swap on my bike so that I can take my time and learn how to rebuild my current motor. I have a 2007 LE and I'm pretty sure I have the Shift Fork Issue. It sucks because the bike is great but I can't sell it like this. I'd rather take my time and fix it. I've looked on EBay but haven't had any luck. I'd even buy a wrecked M109R and pull the motor myself.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I think there are two big used parts sellers on eBay. I would contact them. If they do not have one now, I am sure they will in the future. Best of luck getting your issue resolved.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a motor/trans for this bike? I'd like to find one already in running condition to do a swap on my bike so that I can take my time and learn how to rebuild my current motor. I have a 2007 LE and I'm pretty sure I have the Shift Fork Issue. It sucks because the bike is great but I can't sell it like this. I'd rather take my time and fix it. I've looked on EBay but haven't had any luck. I'd even buy a wrecked M109R and pull the motor myself.
Working with another member on the same issue---he needs a complete engine. Lets just say a catastrophic failure--oil on the ground. I am also working with another member on a trans. Got him a great deal on a complete trans, back cut, billet forks, and billet shift rods---all are currently boxed waiting on the UPS guy to pick up. So, ebay was empty on engines when I checked 2 days ago. They were going around $2000 plus ship when they were on there. Might want to check some other sites (classifieds and so on). Bad time of year to find these available.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
BigHec06109 was selling one on the FL. board last month. He had 6 posts and no takers :dontknow:

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you do look at e-bay check Suzuki VZR 1800, you will get a lot of parts that appear to have been salvaged from multiple bikes.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Dang ! i hate to hear you Got the Fork Probelm , If your in no hurry , Keep a Eye on Pinwall cycles , i have Bought a ton of stuff from Em , they are on the High side, Price wise. They used to have a Big selection

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah, we buy "billets" of various materials all the time. You can also buy forged billets.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do we start a class-action lawsuit? I think there is enough evidence on this board and a suponea into Suzuki's customer service records will show problems exist. The fact there are superseeded part numbers and changes in the design of the part helps too. If we could get a dealer or 2 to back us on the evidence, that would be tremendous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts