M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

We are trying to find a solution for my friends bike (1800 Boulevard M109R 2007 US version) after a crash on left side (nothing damaged, just scratched frame guard) bike is running well at low rpm but when I open the throtle the engine starts choking. We replaced sensor assy (33960-06G10) as we thought that its damaged from the crash but didnt help it.

Do someone experienced same problem? Do you have any ideas what it can be?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Couple things come to mind.

Check that the clutch lever is fully engaging the clutch switch, I have seen times when the clutch switch is not working correctly the bike will not want to run past 3000 rpm like its in fail safe mode.

Also does the bike have a stock exhaust?
If so check to see that the exhaust servo is working and not keeping the butterfly valve closed at higher RPM
You can disconnect the cable from the exhaust valve and butterfly will stay open under spring tension.

By chance do you have an FI fault indictor light on?

BCS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Couple things come to mind.

Check that the clutch lever is fully engaging the clutch switch, I have seen times when the clutch switch is not working correctly the bike will not want to run past 3000 rpm like its in fail safe mode.

Also does the bike have a stock exhaust?
If so check to see that the exhaust servo is working and not keeping the butterfly valve closed at higher RPM
You can disconnect the cable from the exhaust valve and butterfly will stay open under spring tension.

By chance do you have an FI fault indictor light on?

BCS
Yes! It was a clutch lever sensor. Thank you so much!

·
Radio Active Member
22,681 Posts
so what is the clutch lever sensor? what does it do?
If you look under your clutch lever where it pivots, you will see a small black plastic housing with a 2 wire connector on it. That's the clutch switch, it has a post that slides in and out of the switch as you pull or release the clutch. It tells the ECU that the clutch is engaged or disengaged. If the switch goes bad it usually keeps them from starting (mine did that last summer) or if it is disconnected then eventually the bike will go into limp mode.

Usually they aren't a problem until someone removes the lever and doesn't get the switch back to where the lever will operate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts