M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got caught in a speed trap on the way home from work yesterday. I was goin down the I-15 here in Vegas and it was crowded so I got off on Tropicana avenue. They were waiting for people catching them before they could slow down after exiting the freeway. Cop clocked me at 53 in a 35. He reduced it down to five over, still cost me $90.00. Didn't seem interested in the bike at all but tourists on the strip took plenty of photos.... :eek: Oh well, today is a holiday in Nevada so I'm chillin' at home. Sure put a damper on my 3 day weekend though.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Don't feel bad about that BB..my last one was for $400 and 50 demerits...making my total 90 (100 and I walk). She reduced it to 1kmph below "instant walk"..so I guess I should be gratefull. She was waiting on probably the safest, straightest, best vis and least traffic-ed road in the country..something in my head :dontknow: should have told me to watch out!..

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
rasputin said:
Don't feel bad about that BB..my last one was for $400 and 50 demerits...making my total 90 (100 and I walk). She reduced it to 1kmph below "instant walk"..so I guess I should be gratefull. She was waiting on probably the safest, straightest, best vis and least traffic-ed road in the country..something in my head :dontknow: should have told me to watch out!..
Were her nylon stockings nicer than yours also? :p :joke:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I feel your pain,I got one a few days ago out here in the south end of the valley on LV blvd.What really kind of frosts me is the traffic crime and incredibly dangerous and outlandish driving you see here in Vegas and never a cop. :dontknow:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dan Tanna said:
I feel your pain,I got one a few days ago out here in the south end of the valley on LV blvd.What really kind of frosts me is the traffic crime and incredibly dangerous and outlandish driving you see here in Vegas and never a cop. :dontknow:
yeah... don't even be the first off at a green light here... you will be hit at least 4 times.. by red light runners.... mjm

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
So far I've only gotten a warning ticket.. I deserved jail time for how fast I was going.. had there been another car on the road that day I'd likely have gotten it. Cop had me pulled over for almost 15 minutes and in that entire time only 1 car passed us. I did catch myself going down a 45 today with 135 on the speedo.. that was COMPLETELY unintentional, I just wasn't paying attention. Had a grin from ear to ear the entire time I was slowing down 8)

G

·
DaltonH said:
So far I've only gotten a warning ticket.. I deserved jail time for how fast I was going.. had there been another car on the road that day I'd likely have gotten it. Cop had me pulled over for almost 15 minutes and in that entire time only 1 car passed us. I did catch myself going down a 45 today with 135 on the speedo.. that was COMPLETELY unintentional, I just wasn't paying attention. Had a grin from ear to ear the entire time I was slowing down 8)
you are a lucky dog a cop out here drove up beside me and was waving me to slow down. I was only going 8mph over the speed-limit!!!!! :eek: (I just looked at them like :confused: dang is he really serious????) In colorado we passed cops going 130-135 (I was the last one in the group so I'm sure the group was going over 140mph) and the cops didn't even flinch!!! :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
DaltonH said:
So far I've only gotten a warning ticket.. I deserved jail time for how fast I was going.. had there been another car on the road that day I'd likely have gotten it. Cop had me pulled over for almost 15 minutes and in that entire time only 1 car passed us. I did catch myself going down a 45 today with 135 on the speedo.. that was COMPLETELY unintentional, I just wasn't paying attention. Had a grin from ear to ear the entire time I was slowing down 8)
(Scratching my head here....) How did you inadvertantly go 135 on the speedo? :dontknow:

At about 120 the wind starts to pull up on my helmet, almost as if it is going to rip it off... :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
JUtah said:
(Scratching my head here....) How did you inadvertantly go 135 on the speedo? :dontknow:

At about 120 the wind starts to pull up on my helmet, almost as if it is going to rip it off... :D
Throttle boss is too far up on the grip.. As seen in this image

Glove got caught on it and I couldn't let the throttle go..

Or at least that was the story I had ready for when/if I got pulled over.. Honest to goodness didn't think it would get up to that speed that fast.. Which was the original reason for the ear to ear grin :D :D

Oh, and the wind was high here today (gusting to 30's) and was at my back.. But I don't think there's enough back there to use it as a sail.. least I hope not.. I'll have to ask someone on a HD next time I stop to let them catch up :eek: :D :joke:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Hate to hear that. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. I've been Oh so lucky so far. I should have many but have been fortunate not to be running hard and run into them.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
seems like every place has their own little speed trap setup. Here in Dallas if you are a local you will know this one but every Sunday morning just a few miles north of where I work on 75/central they set up on a bridge. the motor cop nails you with the radar gun and an unmarked car is idling on the side to haul ass and pull you over. they work both side there every Sunday morning.

G

·
DaltonH said:
Throttle boss is too far up on the grip.. As seen in this image

Glove got caught on it and I couldn't let the throttle go..

Or at least that was the story I had ready for when/if I got pulled over.. Honest to goodness didn't think it would get up to that speed that fast.. Which was the original reason for the ear to ear grin :D :D

Oh, and the wind was high here today (gusting to 30's) and was at my back.. But I don't think there's enough back there to use it as a sail.. least I hope not.. I'll have to ask someone on a HD next time I stop to let them catch up :eek: :D :joke:
:a20: good one I think I'll try that one ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts